5. Bhaag gaye- ArHi contract anniversary Feb22

Originally posted on IF for '10 years of IPK-Valentine's day' contest.

--*--

"You will have to marry me, for 6 months. Otherwise, I will not let your sister marry my brother."

Khushi kept staring at Arnav's face hoping he would start laughing and say it was a joke. He confused Valentines' day with April fool's perhaps? But nothing of that sort happened. He was stone faced!

Then the enormity of the situation dawned on her, he was serious, asking for a contract marriage of 6 months. She always doubted he was bipolar, now she was sure! It wasn't even a few hours ago when he flirting with her and now this bizarre marriage proposal? Not to mention she was still reeling from the shock of how Shyam almost molested her a few minutes ago. She had enough.

"What did you decide? you have to sign the contract to marry me for 6 months otherwise –" he repeated his question

SLAP.

Khushi. Slapped. Arnav.

He stumbled back due to the impact, trying to catch his breath and understand what just happened

"What the-?"

"Enough, Mr. Raizada. Not a word more. What do you think, my life is a joke? In fact, not just you, your whole family thinks my life's a joke! Your di blackmailed me to train your live-in girlfriend, you keep giving me mixed signals and your psycho jijaji doesn't leave me alone. Hazaar baar I told him I am not in love with him nor will I ever be, still he doesn't understand! Why doesn't he leave your Di dammit, if she is making his life so miserable? You know what? don't answer that. Just leave ME alone. Humein baksh do ab aap sab!" she folded her hands in front of him and stormed out to leave the terrace.

Arnav's head was spinning. What was that he just heard? Did she say his jijaji was harassing her? He saw her leaving and held her hand to stop her

"Khushi, wait. What do you mean by jijaji not leaving you alone?"

"Why? why should I tell you? I will just give you an advice though, take him to a psychiatrist. In fact lage haath you should also consult one!! You need it, trust me. Pagal ho gaye hain aap!"

"Khushi, bakwas band karo (shut up) and just tell me, what's between you and my jija-shyam?" he held on her hand rather too strongly

"Nahi batayenge! Kyun bataye? buaji says I am sanki and ab hamari sach mein sanak chuki hain!" she was still breathing fire

"Tell me the truth because Shyam told me you and him are having an affair, dammit! That's why I wanted to marry you and keep you away from spoiling di's life!" he blurted out and that got a stronger reaction.

SLAP.

Another freaking slap!

And before he could react, she thundered,

"HOW DARE YOU MR. RAIZADA? How could you even think like this? You thought I will go after a married man? When you proposed a while ago with that bizarre 6 moth condition I still thought it was about your feelings for me. But this? Don't you remember my fiancé's name was Shyam? Don't you remember I cried that day telling you my fiancé cheated on me? well, newsflash Mr. Raizada that cheater is your di's husband. Lied to my family that he was bachelor and manipulated everyone to marry me. Even after I broke the engagement, that psycho man is trying to have me back. I should have just gone to police, without caring for you and your Di! You know what Mr. Raizada? Bhaad me gaye aap, bhaad me gaya wo Shyam and bhaad me gayi aap ki dhamkiyaan! (to hell with you, to hell with shyam and to hell with your threats)! I am leaving. Do whatever you want to (kijiye jo karna hain)!" Khushi Kumari Gupta had indeed had enough. And Arnav had understood how stupid, stupid he was! But there was still time to salvage this relationship!

"Marry me." His murmured and she stopped in her track

"What? Kya kaha aapne?" she slowly turned to look at him

He took a deep breath and came to stand in front of her, head bowed down

"Khushi. It is clear that I have made a horrible, horrible mistake in judging you. I am so sorry. But please, please don't go. I can't-" he choked on his words and Khushi Kumari Gupta's heart melted a little.

"Arnav ji."

"Mujhse shaadi karo, Khushi. Not for anyone else, not for anything else but just because I can't live without you."

"Why do you think I will still marry you?" she studies his expressions, masking her own in indifference

"Because you said you are a sanki and you said, I need a psychiatrist because I have become mad. Then for this lunatic who will be a better partner than you?"

"But-"

"I just need you, Khushi. I'll take care of the rest. Please. Marry me, abhi, issi waqt?" the crazy, lunatic begged!

"Lekin abhi kaise?" and sanka devi almost got on board!

He tore the contract papers meanwhile.

"I would have said court marriage but it can't be arranged immediately. So there is only one option left, we'll go to a temple."

"Am I hearing it right? ASR and temple?"

"Shut up Khushi. I am saying so because as per Indian marriage law, if a man and woman get married in front of a holy fire and take some phere and have a witness who testifies this, its considered legal. We can call Aman as witness and then he will give a press release too. I just don't want to stall this any longer."

Khushi heard his yet another crazy proposal. And as crazy as it may have sounded, it was still tempting enough for her sanki nature. Oh what the hell, she loved him, he loved her in his crazy way, why would anything else matter?

"DI. AKASH, switch on the TV, NOW." NK came running to them when he received a text from someone.

'Business tycoon ASR gets hitched on Valentine's eve' the newsflash said along with a photo of Arnav and Khushi with garlands adorning their neck, shocking every single person of Raizada and Gupta family.

"That means, Chote and Khushiji ne bhag kar shaadi kar li? Hey bhagwan!" Anjali facepalmed while Nani was too shocked to react.

However, the most shocked was Shyam Manohar Jha. He knew this was his end!

Meanwhile, Khushi hugged her newly wedded husband as they settled in his SUV

"Happy Valentines day Arnavji"

"many more to come, Mrs. Raizada." He pecked her lips

--*--

A/N - well. how was it? I, many times feel like asking ASR if he ever consulted a psychiatrist. 🤐 And yeah, the main inspiration was this one line 'bhaad mein jao ASR (to hell with you ASR)' which I keep saying many times watching old clips of dearest ASR's kaarnaamein(actions) 😑 so made my khushi say it 😍 I almost kept it as title too but changed it later 🙈 😂

By the way, Valentine's special & contract marriage anniversary updates were also in 'Bikhre Moti' and 'Choti si Duniya' last week, pls check them out if you haven't already. ❤

Until next time....🙏