7. Save Your tears- IPK anniversary June22

Posted on Indiaforums for IPKKND 11th anniversary last year.

--*--

These days Delhi was abuzz with rumors about a hush-hush separation between business magnate Arnav Singh Raizada and his wife, Khushi Singh Raizada. Even AR's employees were heard whispering in hushed voices,

"Did you hear the latest news? Arnav Singh Raizada is living separately from his wife, Khushi." one said,

"What? You must have misheard it." other AR employee showed his disbelief.

"No! In fact, little birdie has it that he is rekindling his romance with his ex-girlfriend Lavanya Kashyap who herself is going through a divorce."

"I can't believe this. We all know how head over heels ASR is in love with his wife Khushi."

"Yeah, what can we say? These people never take marriages seriously anyway. Poor Khushi, she didn't deserve this backstabbing." They both agreed.

.

.

The same evening, there was a party arranged in honor of the recent business acquisition by AR and naturally the said rumored estranged couple was supposed to make a presence.

It was a party in one of the posh clubs in Delhi where Lavanya was invited too, and he accompanied her. They turned eyes as they made an entry. Arnav and Lavanya, the ex-lovers from 11 years ago, and who seemed to have rekindled their romance! He took her hand as he stepped in, feeling utterly disturbed. Why not, his hands were accustomed to hold only khushi's till now...

Arnav had invited Khushi too, but he was not sure if she will make a presence.

Suddenly a gust of wind carried the message that she was nearby. And sure enough, he spotted her, on the dance floor, dressed in a beautiful sleeveless gown, she looked happy or so she wanted everyone to believe.

I saw you dancing in a crowded room
You look so happy when I'm not with you
But then you saw me, caught you by surprise
A single teardrop falling from your eye

He had to go out! He couldn't stand there, feeling suffocated. What was he doing? Why was he doing it?

I don't know why, I run away
I make you cry, when I run away
Take me back 'cause I wanna stay
Save your tears for another, another day!*

He still remembers their family's disbelief and shocked faces when he cold bloodedly announced he and Khushi were separating. Khushi didn't say a word and just took her bag and left.

You could've asked me why I broke your heart
You could've told me that you fell apart
But you walked past me like I wasn't there
And just pretended like you didn't care
Save your tears for another, another day!

They locked eyes across the room, and she looked away, unable to see him in arms of another woman while Arnav too tried to suppress the guilt he was feeling. But he was helpless.

--*--

Later that night,

Khushi was brushing her hair absent mindedly. It was tough to control her feelings when she saw him enter the party hall holding Lavanya's hand. It took all her patience to pretend she was happy. But when she saw him there, she wanted to run behind him and stop him from being with Lavanya.

But she couldn't.

She had to do this. This was the right thing to do.

Just then she heard a knock on her window. Smiling lightly, she opened it for the person to jump in

No sooner did he stepped in; Khushi was pulled in a heated kiss!

"umph-leave me" she tried to free herself from this sudden assault of his kisses!

"Not now, I am already in a very bad mood! Thanks to my wife who is hell bent on showing to the world that we are separated so she can save Lavanya's marriage! In all this, who is getting tortured? ME!" Arnav was clearly annoyed. Yes, it was none other than Arnav Singh Raizada who had agreed to play along with Khushi's plan so they could reunite Lavanya and her now husband Nk, who were thinking of separating. And Khushi's 'genius' plan was to fake Lavanya and Arnav coming closer to make Nk realize what he was losing and Lavanya too to confront him.

But this whole separation drama was taking a toll on Arnav. After all, why the heck was he staying from his wife in all this bargain?

"Arnavji, sorry na. but you also must agree our plan is working. Didn't you see how Lavanya ji was fuming with anger when she saw Nanheji there? And he was giving you murderous glares. They love each other Arnavji, we just need to give them a push." She said keeping her palm on his cheek, to pacify his anger.

"to hell with their push. In all this, my wife is staying away from me, and it's been a fricking month! I am done meeting you like a teenager sneaking out to meeting his girlfriend."

"not my fault that you can't stay away from me." She pinched his nose in teasing way

"shut up khushi" Arnav rolled his eyes

"Waise, I am sure we'll not have to carry this charade for long." Khushi said with a wide grin.

"oh I hope so, because my patience is running lose. I need you in our room, in our bed asap now! At least before our 11th anniversary. You remember right or only remember someone else's marriage now?" he scoffed

"haw Arnavji. I will never forget anything related to you and us! Don't worry, it's your wife's promise that she will be back to you in your room by next week."

"You better." He said and pulled her back in his arms.

--*--

3 days later

The same two AR employees were talking about new gossip:

"Hey! Breaking news! ASR and his wife are back together and in fact going stronger than ever! Apparently, it was all a rumor, and they were never separated."

"I told you beforehand, ASR is head over heels in love with his Khushi!"

"Yeah, and I heard even Lavanya Kashyap is back to her husband. Cute na?"

"Very!" the other employee rolled his eyes

In front of them was a photo printed in today's newspaper on page-3, ASR holding his wife by her waist and planting a kiss on her cheek, while she had her eyes closed. The headline read - '11 years and going stronger!'

*song credit - The Weekend

--*--

A/N - So, I was listening this song on loop last year and this OS was born! Hope it's not too rough and you'll like it.