8. Wedding Night- Birthday OS Nov'22

This OS was originally posted here in Nov'2022 for a dear reader's birthday whose lovely reviews make me as happy as her username here, and who has been cheering me up since the time I started writing on Wattpad! This is also for our endless DM conversations whether it was about my blog or a new story! Thank you for being a truly special reader, happy! happyy_me ❤🤗

--*--

Goddess Destiny opened the page, ready to write with her divine ink and a sandalwood pen:

Arnav & Khushi

Sometimes you meet people by accident and then forget them. Sometimes, you cause accidents in someone's life and then connect with them. But in case of one Arnav Singh Raizada and one Khushi Kumari Gupta, Goddess Destiny had written a series of accidents, of every type and format, right from the time they met accidentally on a night of a fashion show to them hating each other enough to kill (!) to them reluctantly falling in love but never accepting it except if you count 'Farak padta hai (it matters) as some sort of 'love confession' and finally to this night when at one minute he was going to propose her and next he walked in to see her and his Jiju in each other's arms! Long story short, things spiraled, and he decided to punish her by marrying her (because marrying him was a punishment, you see?). Maybe he too realized his bizarre punishment, so he added a 'contract marriage' clause. She agreed, her brain had gone in utter shock at his 180 degree turn of behavior!

Amidst this, Goddess Destiny smiled to herself as she knew what was coming up and continued writing the next 'accident' this night was going to see...

.

.

When he entered the room and saw her (beautiful) face, on (his) bed, he found himself in a weird mess of attraction and hatred for his very own wife! So, he decided to turn his back on her and find some solace in the world's oldest source of happiness!

"Ye aap kya kar rahe hai (what are you doin)?" she asked, as she watched him open his cupboard and take out a small bottle which looked like some medicine or cough syrup(!) to her!

"Stop it, Khushi! You have given me a lot of headache already; I need some respite."

"And this will give that?" she asked innocently, thinking it was some medicine to take away pain!

"yes" he said curtly and opened the cap of the Irish Whisky of a medicine.

Just then he got a call from Aman and left the room to pick it up.

Khushi on the other hand stared at the bottle he had indicated as a cure for all the pain! Well, who had the biggest pain in this whole world than her at that moment? An orphan, her foster family too turned their faces away and the only man she thought loved her as much as she did, this to her! Married her yet without telling her why such a hasty marriage! Was this marriage or punishment?

She made a decision and opened the cap of the bottle and gulped the entire content in the next 5 minutes! Bottoms up!!!

And Goddess Destiny chuckled for what was coming up!

.

.

Arnav's call lasted close to half an hour. Aman who had been waiting for Akash's wedding to get over and had no idea ASR himself would get married too, had called to discuss something important. Arnav too didn't tell him about his 'newly married status', it wasn't news worth telling anyway!

Opening the poolside entry door to get back to his bedroom, his face hardened as he noticed khushi. She was huddled on the bed, looking down. For a moment, he felt bad for her. But then he remembered her in shyam's embrace just few hours ago and her saying to Shyam to leave Anjali and Arnav's hatred for her came back with a vengeance!