tend to my worries

NOTE: THIS IS A MODERN DOCTOR AU. WHERE SCARAMOUCHE IS A DOCTOR AND MONA IS A STAY-AT-HOME ASTROLOGIST.

 WHERE SCARAMOUCHE IS A DOCTOR AND MONA IS A STAY-AT-HOME ASTROLOGIST

"The person you have called has not-"

Mona tapped the end call button with a groan.

Voicemail yet again.

It must have been her seventh time calling him in a row, yet no response on any of them. Just missed calls.

It was already past midnight; his work shift was usually ended by 10:00 PM. Mona knew his occupation as a doctor required him to stay late in the hospital. But she wished he would come home earlier. Or at least respond to her messages. There was a possibility that Scaramouche was busy and couldn't get to her, or perhaps he had to work overtime. But Scaramouche would at the very least notify her about it, just as he always did.

She decided to text him.

Mona: When are you coming home?

She waited until the message was delivered. Hoping that he'd respond as soon as it was. She sighed as no immediate text came back and put the phone down.

She didn't admit it much, but she missed him. More then she'd like to.

She wanted him to come home earlier. So that maybe they'd be able to cuddle and fall asleep in each other's arms. But instead, he comes homes late, and she's usually fast asleep by the time he does. For some reason, she longed to see that idiotic face of his. Mona heaved a sigh while pushing her thoughts to the side.

____________________

She looked around her surroundings and noticed the living room was a mess

At the moment the living room was her work room since she found it much more comfortable than working from a desk. It's been a week since the living room was clean so she figured she should tidy things up. There were pillows and cushions scattered everywhere. Stacked papers and binders on the coffee table, empty plastic cups placed all over the table. Along with a long blanket that dropped down on the edge of the couch.