Prologue

It has been 10 horrendous years since I've seen my brother, I slowly walk to the entrance hesitantly. I reach out for the door but quickly pull away, I think for a minute. 'Anything could happen behind this door, he could murder me for all I know!' I try to shake the thought out of my head.
"He's family, he won't bite." I thought out-loud, I give the door a hard knock. Suddenly the door burst open, revealing a crazed man with a crossbow pointed right at my face. I stumble back, quickly regaining my balance.
"WHO IS IT!? HAVE YOU COME TO STEAL MY EYES!?" He screeched, pushing the crossbow closer to me. My face quickly turned from terror to disappointment.
"We'll, I can always count on you for a warm welcome." I murmured.
"Stanley did anyone follow you, anyone at all?!" He questioned quickly looking left to right.
"Eh, hello to you, too, pal." I groaned, as he pulled me inside and swiftly started to shine a flashlight in my eyes. "Ah! Hey! What is this?" I shouted.
"Sorry, I just needed to make sure you weren't, never mind." He uttered, he began to walk away and I jogged after him.
"Uh, you gonna explain what's going on, here? You're acting like Mom after her tenth cup of coffee." I joked, we stopped walking and he had some kind of journal in his hand.
"Listen, there isn't much time. I've made huge mistakes and I don't know who I can trust anymore." He worried, turning the head of a prop skeleton away from him.
"Hey, uh, easy there. Let's talk this through, okay?" I tried to reassure him, placing my hand on his should but he quickly pulled away.
"I have something to show you. Something you won't believe." He warned.
"Look I've been around the world, whatever it is I'll understand." I said, the disappointment in my voice still prominent.

Ford took me down to a basement behind a secret door, there before me stood some kind of portal.
"There is nothing about this I understand!" I exclaimed.
"It's a trans-universal gateway, a punched hole through a weak spot in our dimension. I created it to unlock the mysteries of the universe. But it could just as easily be harnessed for terrible destruction. That's why I shut it down and hid my journals, which explained how to operate it. There's only one journal left. And you are the only person I can trust to take it." He started to explain, he gave me a red book. It had burn marks and scruff all over it, it had a hold imprint of a six fingered had with a one on it.
"I have something to ask of you: you remember our plans to sail around the world on a boat?" He reminded me, my face lit up as I looked up from the book.
"Take this book, get on a boat, and sail as far away as ya can! To the edge of the Earth! Bury it where no one can find it!" He shouted, my face turned from joy to anger.
"That's it! You finally want to see me after 10 years and it's to too tell me to get as far away from you as possible?!" I bit back.
"Stanley, you don't understand what I'm up against! What I've been through!" He exclaimed.
"No, no. You don't understand what I've been through! I've been to prison in three different countries! I once had to chew my way out of the trunk of a car! You think you've got problems? I've got a mullet, Stanford! Meanwhile, where have you been? Living it up in your fancy house in the woods! Selfishly hoarding your college money, because you only care about yourself." I cut him off.
"I'm selfish? I'm selfish, Stanley? How can you say that after costing me my dream school?! I'm giving you a chance to do the first worthwhile thing in your life and you won't even listen!" He shouted back.
"Well, listen to this: you want me to get rid of this book? Fine, I'll get rid of it right now!" I said as I took out a lighter and started to flick at it, holding the book just above, Ford snatched it right off me.
"No! You don't understand!" He screeched, I took it back, finally getting the lighter to make a flame, holding the book atop of it once again.
"You said you wanted me to have it so I'll do what I want with it!" I rebelled.
"My research!" He exclaimed, tackling me to the ground and beginning to run towards the journal. I tripped him up and began to dash away, Ford right behind me.
"Stanley, give it back!" He shouted once again, pushing me up against some buttons.
"You want it back, you're gonna have to try harder than that!" I yelled, attempting to run away but Ford kicked me against a control panel, the mark, which was lit up, burned into my shoulder. I screamed due to the pain.
"Stanley! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Are you alr-" He tried to apologise but was cut off when I lunged at him and grabbed the journal, he jumped in front of me as I walked towards him, book in one hand, other holding the burn on my shoulder.
"You left me behind, you jerk! It was supposed to be us forever, you ruined my life!" I growled, slowly cornering him.
"You ruined your own life!" He shrieked, grabbing the journal, still in my hand, and swinging me around. He received the journal, but I was pulled into the grasp of the portal.
"Stanford what's happening? Stanford? Stanford do something! STANFORD!" My cries became more restless, as Ford ran and started fiddled with machinery.
"HOLD IN THERE STANLEY!" He shouted from the other room, "Off switch, off switch..." he began to murmur to himself but before him or I knew it, I was gone. The portal powered off, now defunct.

**Ford's POV**

I ran over to the now defunct portal, tugging at the lever.
"No! No! He can't be gone!" I doubted, running to the power room and fiddling with more switches. I lifted the control power, revealing busted wires and an exploded motor. I began to weep, realising how bad of a brother I was but then I remembered what Stan said as a kid. 'Don't just sit there and cry Sixer, just hold on tight buddy...' I held my head high and walked over to the portal, which was admitting black smoke.
"I'll get you out Stan, just hold on tight buddy..." I said in a stern voice.