Arrival

Mabel stared out the window as the bus started to slow down in front of a little cabin in the woods, she started to bounce up and down as she squealed repeatedly. She was finally going to get to meet her Great Uncle Ford, but she wasn't the only one, just beside her sat her twin brother, Dipper. He was curious about Ford, a genius living in the woods? Avoiding all contact to the world? That sounded like something straight out of a crime-fiction novel. The twins were stopped in their thoughts as the bus came to a sudden halt, sending the children flying forward.
"Gravity Falls? Anyone for Gravity Falls?" The bus drive exclaimed, Mabel jumped out her seat, holding Dipper by the wrist.
"That's us!" She replied, picking up her suitcase and running off, dragging Dipper with her. The duo stopped at the rickety old door and knocked on, soon a older man opened the door. He looked to be about 70, grey hair, cracked glasses, beige trench coat, dirty red sweater, baggy pants with chunky boots. He reached his gloved hand out.
"Mason and Mabel isn't it? Nice to meet you, I'm Stanford Pines." He introduced, Dipper nodded shaking the man's hand.
"Yes, but please call me Dipper." The young boy uttered. After Dipper had backed away Mabel dived in.
"Woah you have 6 fingers! It's an extra finger friendlier!" She exclaimed, Ford chuckled and led them inside.
"I'll take you up to your room, I have some, business to attend too." He said, a bit of nervousness peaking through his stern voice.

He had led them up to an attic space, two twin beds sat at either side. Mabel flung herself onto the bed on the right.
"I could make home here." She said blandly. Dipper walked over to the left.
"And there's a rat on my bed..." he mumbled, Mabel gasped in awe.
"A RAT! I'm calling him Ricky!" She exclaimed, picking up the grey furred creature, it crawled up and began to chew on the nachos Mabel had hung from her ears. "Yes you may have that nacho!" She pretended to communicate with Ricky.
"Glad someone's enjoying this so far..." Dipper muttered under his breath, taking off his navy blue vest as he started to unpack, Mabel had begun doing the same, with Ricky still on her shoulder.
After a never ending 15 minutes, they were done. Dipper dramatically fell back on his bed, reaching to his bedside table and receiving his current read, 'the sibling bro's: the unstable table', he cracked it open, carefully putting his bookmark to the side. Mabel sat across from him, watching Ricky run around on her bed, she giggled as the rat began to crawl up her arm.
"Are you sure he doesn't have like, rabbis?" The brunette boy questioned.
"He's fine!" Mabel argued, Ricky now on her head. "Aren't you Ricky?" She asked, surprisingly the rat nodded.
"WHAT!?" Dipper exclaimed as his eyes widened. Just at that second...
"KIDS, DINNER!" A familiar stern voice called, Mabel jumped from her bed and ran off, rat still remaining in it's place on her head.

Gravity Falls seems normal, for now...