42 "The Truths and Lies

***

"You sure about this son?" -Zhan's father asked.

The younger guy nodded his head and stared at his husband, revealing a genuine smile. "Of course, Yibo will be there to protect me, no matter what happens"

After a talk with his husband, he became sobber. It was so stupid of him to believe that his own family will lie to him. If Linian was his real mother then he would never abandon her children and fabricated her death.

Linian was sick, sick in the head. Someone who's in their right mind wouldn't do such a thing, whether she had reasons, those didn't validate her actions. To the extent of faking their own death, leaving their family suffering.

Zhan didn't blame Linian, not even a bit. He was just sad. He felt lonely, knowing the fact that their mother already died. But after all these years, it was revealed to them, that Linian was still alive.

Maybe his plans to open his opera house will have to wait a little bit longer. They needed to end this, settle everything that concerns Linian.

His Dad genuinely smiled at him. Well, of course, his father will always do that. Though he felt guilty, for the reason that he doubted them, him.

"I'm sorry Dad. I'm sorry if I doubted you. If I jumped to the conclusion. If I concluded that Linian was my real mother"

Ashamed, guilty, and sad. Those emotions collided inside of him. He cannot even make eye contact with his Dad. For if he did? His father will witness those emotions. He will feel even ashamed, ashamed of himself.

But suddenly a warm palm cupped his cheek. Involuntarily he looked at his Dad, on verge of crying, with that crystal-like eyes.

His Dad saw this, and his heart melted. His son looks so adorable. He was supposed to feel sad and disappointed. For the reason that Zhan, doubted him, them, his family. Yet he cannot entertain those emotions. He cannot feel this disappointment towards his baby.

"Oh baby, please don't cry. I'm not mad at you. How can I? You are my youngest son, my ball of sunshine, my baby. So how could this Father stay displeased and disheartened? No, I can't"

His Dad used such a gentle voice, making him even guilty. So tears simultaneously fell. He cannot stop himself. Now, he felt like he was Xicheng, for his Dad was consoling him, the way he did to his son when Xicheng was crying.

He felt a gentle tap on his back, that made him smile and embraced his father back.

Yibo who's witnessing the scene cannot help but smile. Of course, the two will make it up with each other. He knew that the beautiful man cannot resist his husband, so as Zhan. So he didn't bother to feel worried.