45: True Colors

***

***

Zhan creased his forehead, he felt the dryness on his throat and his lips. He felt like he hasn't drank a single drop of water for so long. His voice sounded like a whisper.

His eyes widened when he saw everyone crying. He was bewildered about what was going on.

So he diverted his attention to his husband, only to see Yibo crying. "Bobo, why are you crying?—

But the older guy caught him off guard by embracing him tightly. He look at every person in the room and creased his forehead again. Their eyes look swollen and puffy.

"What's happening?"

But none of them said a thing.

After a while, his Dad had finally pulled himself altogether and decided to speak. "How are you feeling A- Zhan?"

Zhan blinked and smiled. "I had a dream but I cannot remember what it is and yeah, I'm fine, Dad"

He doesn't know why the hell why his Bobo was crying and why he was on the hospital bed. Did something happen? He cannot remember a single thing.

This time, his Zhoucheng-Ge spoke. "Is your head okay Zhan? Do you recall what happened after Linian—

"Who's Linian?"

Everyone fell silent, while Yibo on the other hand didn't care. What is important to him right now, is the fact that is Zhan is awake.

He felt a big toll on his shoulders vanished into thin air. The fear that he felt within the days and weeks that Zhan remained unconscious faded in an instant. He opened his mouth to say something but words won't come out. All he could do was cry while leaning on his husband's shoulder as he held him dearly.

"Who's Linian again?"- Zhan asked again, creasing and knitting his eyebrows together.

Yibo didn't answer his question neither did the people inside the room. He knew Zhan was baffled, feeling confused since they were acting weird, but he doesn't want to trouble himself with someone already dead.

So he fixed himself, wiped his cheeks, and smiled at Zhan. He took his hands and kissed them. His spouse was looking at him confused. Zhan wanted to complain but he shook his head. "It's not important right now. All that matters to us is that you're safe now, Baby"

Zhan wanted to open his mouth and complain again but in the end, cannot. Everyone was acting weirdly. His husband was avoiding and refusing to tell him who the hell is this person named Linian. No, let us change it, everybody does want to answer his question.

His eyes caught the sight of his parents in the corner. His Dad was still crying but there was a gentle smile plastered on his beautiful face. His other father was just looking at him. He didn't smile like how his Dad did but his stares hold some warmth in them, making him smile.