Chapter 2: Mutant and Proud

Thalia's pov:

Raven and I have decided to ruin Charles chances of getting laid tonight, because what are little sisters for. He needs to get his head out of his ass anyway. So, Raven and I are heading to the pub that we all frequent and it's most likely where he's getting absolutely plastered at this very moment. No matter, Raven plans on having some fun for once, so I'm all in for this plan.

We make it inside before taking a seat at the closest table to the bar, where our brother is trying to score with a pretty blond lady. We listen as he uses his abilities to get her drink order and impress her, "Pint of bitters for me and a brandy for the lady, please."

Raven frowns, and I know that she's feeling angry. I understand how she feels, but not just because of my abilities. I understand because I'm angry too. Charles uses his abilities whenever he wants to, but he's always telling us not to use ours. I kind of understand why I shouldn't use most of my gifts, but I don't see why I can't use some of the minor ones, like telepathy. It's a good thing that he promised never to read our minds because what he doesn't know won't kill him.

Once he ends up getting the girl, Amy, to agree to sleep with him, Raven and I make our move. We grab our purses and head toward the bar with fake smiles. I make sure my markings are all hidden beneath my turtle neck before we get over there.

I almost laugh when Charles sees us and frowns. "Hey, guess we have to buy our own drinks." I smirk when Charles gets flustered and sets his drink down.

He turns to the bartender. "I'm sorry, one cola and one water." I frown now. I like water, but I wish he wouldn't baby me so much. I'm legally an adult after all.

Amy turns to Raven with a smile, "Charles here was just telling me that I'm like one of the first sea creatures that grew legs."

"Tiny bit sexier." I fake gag to Raven at my brother's statement. Watching him flirt makes me want to lick a cheese grater. Anything would be better than this.

He gestures towards us as he smiles at Amy, "Sorry, these are my sisters." Finally, some recognition. We both shake hands with Amy and Raven changes one of her eyes to yellow.

Amy sees it and gets excited, "Oh, you have heterochromia too!" Charles seems confused and a tad bit angry. "What?"

"Well, look at her eye." Raven smiles at Charles and I have to cover my mouth with the back of my hand to hold in my grin.

Charles' face turns to stone, metaphorically speaking, and he glares at us. "Right, Raven, get your coat." I never carry a coat. My powers keep me warm enough, so I just keep my mouth covered as Charles throws down a tenner and grabs Raven and I by the arm, dragging us out of the pub and lecturing Raven.

"You did that on purpose."

I stand up (read lie) for my sister to take some of the heat off. "No, she didn't Charles."

"Why would I do it on purpose? You know I can't control it when I'm stressed, or tired..." He should know that better than anyone since he's the one that taught her control in the first place.

"You seem to be doing a fine job controlling it now."

I jerk my arm away from my brother and come to a stop. "That's not fair and you know it, Charles." He turns to glare at me before looking back at Raven as we all keep walking to get out of the middle of the street.

Raven mimics something Amy said back at the bar when Charles said she was a mutant, "Mutant and Proud." We get off the street and Raven keeps talking. "Or is that only with pretty mutations or invisible ones like yours."