Chapter 2

Albus Dumbledore was a well know wizard, praised by many for 'defeating' Grindelwald. He decided that he loved the attention and fame so much and purposefully made a new dark lord, ruining the poor boy's life, but Dumbledore was getting old so he needed a pawn to play.

He was walking down a muggle street one day when he stopped suddenly. There was a baby on the side of the road in a basket. So imagine Dumbledore's joy when he thought he finally found a pawn to play on his board. He picked up the poor child with an evil smirk on his face and headed to his most trusted followers' house, The Potter's.

The Potter's were always latched on to Dumbledore but when a new dark lord arose so quickly, they had their suspicions, so when Dumbledore showed up on their doorstep holding a baby, they started to protest. " But we can't take the baby, we're not ready for that type of responsibility," a hot-headed Lily Potter told Dumbledore "Yeah, you could always put him up for adoption" Lily's husband James Potter stated.

Dumbledore's hand twitched " I didn't want to have to do this," he said in a grave voice. "Do wha-" Lily's voice broke off as Dumbledore imperioed her and her husband. "You will take this baby and raise it as your own. You will put blood glamours on the baby and will name him Harry Potter" Dumbledore commanded the couple and all they could do was obey so they nodded and took the baby from Dumbledore, closing the door but they did not realize the sickening smirk on Dumbledore's face as they did so.

'I will succeed and no one will ever come in my way' Dumbledore thought as he looked on the Potters' door before apparating away to his office at Hogwarts.

~Time Skip~

It was a cold 31st of October 1981 at Godric's Hollow. The happy imperioed couple were enjoying their time with 'their son' without a care in the world when suddenly, there was a loud explosion. James, being the curious person he is, went to find out what the cause of the explosion was. 

Lily was surprised when her husband came rushing back inside the house with a look of complete horror written on his face. "He's here!" James shouted at his wife and at that point, her face lost its color. James ran out of the room, trying to protect his wife and 'son'. Lily hurriedly put Harry in his crib when she heard a thud. That's when she knew, James didn't make it. 

She looked at Harry with tears in her glassed-over eyes and kissed his forehead. "I love you Harry" she whispered to him as Voldemort came bursting into the nursery. "Not Harry, not Harry, please not Harry!" Lily pleaded, her tears running down her face. Voldemort watched her closely before realizing that she was imperioed, but before he could do anything, a green light shot right at her before she fell, dead. Voldemort turned around just to be face to face with Dumbledore. " What did you do old man?!" Voldemort shouted at Dumbledore. Dumbledore just smirked" You lost Tom," he said before he shot the killing curse at Voldemort but he dodged it and it went to Harry and it bounced off an invisible barrier and went right a Voldemort ending him. Dumbledore took one look at Harry, scooped him up, and apparated away before Snape entered the house.

(578 words)