Chapter 3

That was 10 years ago...

Harry Potter, 'The Boy Who Lived' and 'Saviour of the Wizarding World' was now 11 years old and living with his muggle 'relatives' at #4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. You would think that his life would be perfect being the vanquisher of the dark lord and all but no. He was currently sitting in his "bedroom" under the stairs, waiting for permission to come out.

His fat cousin, Dudley Dursley, came marching down the stairs before turning back up and jumping on it like a trampoline, letting dust and plasters fall onto Harry. "Wake up, cousin. We're going to the zoo!" Dudley yells. Yep. It was "Ickle Diddykins" birthday and they were going to the zoo.  

~Time Skip~

At the zoo, the Dursleys spoil Dudley and his friend Piers, neglecting Harry as usual. In the reptile house, Harry pays close attention to a boa constrictor and is astonished when he is able to have a conversation with it.

The boa constrictor jabbed its tail at the sign again and Harry read on: This specimen was bred in the zoo. "Oh, I see - so you've never been to Brazil?" Harry asked. The snake shook its head. "COME AND LOOK AT THIS SNAKE! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT IT'S DOING!" Dudley came waddling toward them as fast as his fat stubby legs could go. "Out of the way, you," he said, punching Harry in the ribs.

Harry got mad at this, he glared hard at Dudley and had accidentally vanished the glass in front of its enclosure. The great snake was uncoiling itself rapidly, slithering out onto the floor. People throughout the reptile house screamed and started running for the exits. As the snake slid swiftly past him, Harry could have sworn a low, hissing voice said, "Brazil, here I come. . . . Thanksss, amigo."

~Time skip~

Punished for the boa constrictor incident, Harry is locked in his cupboard until summer. When finally free, he spends most of the time outside his house to escape the torments of Dudley’s cohorts. Harry is excited by the prospect of starting a new school in the fall, far away from Dudley for the first time in his life.

One day, Uncle Vernon tells Harry to fetch the mail. Harry notices a letter bearing a coat of arms that is addressed to him in “The Cupboard under the Stairs.” Harry looked at the letter. "That's weird" he thought but he quickly snapped out of it and shoved the letter into his cupboard.

After preparing the Dursleys' breakfast, washing up and doing the rest of his chores, Harry finally went to his cupboard and took a look at the letter. He open the enlivope which contained the letter and started to read.

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Harry Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

UNIFORM First-year students will require: 1.Three sets of plain work robes (black) 2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear 3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) 4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK"

"Wizards?!" Harry thought in astonishment, "wait- so does that mean I'm a wizard?!" Just then a bright golden light Shone right before his eyes. "Hello, my child" the light said.

Harry sat there in shock.

TBC

756 words