Prologue

"Catra! Come on we need to get to class." Glimmer shouts from outside of my dorm. Knocking like the mad woman she is. "Don't make me use my spare key!" She yells. I groan and sit up in bed. The last time she used her key she had Mermista splash me with all the water in my dorm room. The irony of that being the start of it all. The knocking got louder, and I knew she already used her key.

"Ugh! Catra get rid of her." Mermista groans from beside me. Glimmer however is unfazed. And keeps knocking.

"Catra come on! I got you coffee." Bow says from outside the door. I beam and immediately rush to the door, opening it, being greeted with Glimmer and her right eye twitching as well as Bow beaming holding the coffee out to me. "You are truly a God send bow." Glimmer rolls her eyes.

"Just get dressed. And Mermista get ready! Our class starts 30 minutes after theirs." Glimmer states. Mermista groans and glares at Glimmer, getting water from the bathroom to splash on her. I yelp as I quickly duck and glare at her. "Then why are you waking me now!" She yells at Glimmer. Glimmer who is now soaking wet, is being dried by Bow. He started bringing a towel, the more Mermista slept over knowing this would be the outcome.

I take a sip of my coffee and quickly hand it back to Bow. "Let me just get a quick rinse and dressed and I will be right out." I say Bow nods and Glimmer groans. Once I am ready Mermista's alarm goes off and she groans. As Melog hops on the bed and snuggles against her. I chuckle and give her a quick kiss, then scratch behind Melog's ears. As Glimmer, Bow and I make our way out, Mermista slowly starts getting ready. Bow and I have weaponry first, whereas Glimmer has combat training with Mermista who is always late. Which is why Glimmer always chooses to wake me up earlier so Mermista starts being on time. Do I get annoyed yes. But it gives us some free time before weaponry, then combat, then history. Naturally the most boring subject is at the end of the day. It's a Monday thing.

Friday's last lesson would be everyone's favourite, for the princesses with elemental powers its Power Control. The rest of us also have a Power Control class the same time, more focused on having actual combat fights and training simulations as well enhancing our natural abilities and or new found abilities. For instance Bow gets to try out all his new arrows and I train with Melog, where as Double Trouble prefects all their impersonations.

Bow and I wave goodbye to Glimmer as we make our way to weaponry. "Soo..." Bow begins and I immediately groan. He raises his hands as his voice cracks. "Its just! You two are having more and more sleepovers is this getting serious!?" He says defensively. I glare at him.

"Bow you and I both know Mermista and I are just licking our wounds, because of Adora and Seahawk." I grumble. Bow sighs and gives me his famous 'are you sure about that' look. I groan and grip my hair.

"What's the matter Darling?" Double Trouble drawls from where they were leaning against the wall. They glance at Bow, then at me. "Oo let me guess, Mermista." They smirk. I groan and push past them into the classroom. "Meow" They say after me. I make a beeline for the knives, even though I don't need a weapon, I am required to choose one, I thought knife throwing would be an easy pick. So I start aiming, hitting the bullseye each time.

"Which one of us do think she's imagining the target as." Double Trouble teases Bow from behind me as They grab their staff that has knives on either end when a button is pressed. Bow gives a weak chuckle as he stands behind me grabbing his bow and arrow.

Everyone continues training vigorously until the doors finally open and in walks Light Hope. "Today each of you will complete a training course simulation, the one with the lowest score will run laps the rest of the class."

"And what do we get if we win?" Jewelstar asks with a raised eyebrow. Light Hope simply blinks and looks down at their clipboard. The silence stretches on as we all just stare at Light Hope. "So whose going first?" She asks calmly.

Bow smirks at me. "Lowest score between us three buys lunch." I smirk and my tail sways as I purr. "Oh you're on Crop Top."

Double Trouble simply smirks. "Oh how kind of you to offer Bow." Bow gapes at them, but then looks determined. Soon everyone has an order of who goes next. Bow, DT and I are going last. We are the Top of our class, it would be unfair to go first.

Soon it's just me left, I step into the simulation and I am automatically taken into the whispering woods. I shiver, as holographic enemies start charging at me, I race through the simulation and obstacle course. Soon I come out and the freshmen look just as shocked as they did when the rest of us veterans come out. I smirk and look at them, all of them immediately looking away.

Light Hope begins to read the scores, starting at the lowest score. Its naturally one of the Freshmen, I see Kyle beam and high five Lonnie and Rogelio. I smile at them. We finally down to the Top six. "Kyle. 30 seconds, Rogelio. 28 seconds, Lonnie. 15 seconds, Bow 8 seconds." Double Trouble and I high five as Bow pouts. Light Hope glares at us then clears her throat. "Double Trouble, 7.5 seconds. Catra, 5 seconds." I smirk as I wink at Bow and DT.

Bow groans. "Fine what do you guys want?"

DT hums and pretends to be thinking. "Sushi Darling." I scrunch my face, normally I would be all for Sushi but ever since I went on spring break with Mermista to her Kingdom and spoke to some fish, I feel slightly queasy about it. "Uhm Burger and Fries is fine." DT gasps dramatically. But then quickly smirks as they transform into Mermista. "Oh babe!" They dramatically wail. I groan and glare at them as they quickly transform into me. "This is not because I like you." They say, Bow snorts.

My voice immediately goes a few octaves higher. "I do not sound like that!" Bow however finds this hilarious and wheezes as DT transforms back into themself bowing down. "Thank you! Thank you!" I tug on my hair then grab their hands pulling them along to the exit.

Ronnie, Kyle and Rogelio follow behind us. "You guys want to join us? Kyle Is buying." Ronnie asks. As Kyle gapes at her.

DT smiles. "Thanks for the offer, but Bow is buying." Ronnie nods as we leave the class with everyone else while the Freshmen passes out from running. I distinctly hear Light Hope asking when they said the kid should stop. Poor guy. 

===

Bow, DT and I were busy eating lunch in my dorm when Bow's phone rang. My ears perked up as he answered. Immediately I recognized Glimmer's voice. "Bow! Are you with DT and Catra?" DT raises their eyebrow most likely sensing drama from a mile away, I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion as Bow answers yes and Glimmer automatically goes quiet. Bow seems to catch the drift and stands awkwardly.  "G-Guys I gotta go."

DT hums. "Oh do tell why Bow." They drawl out smirking. Bow looks nervous as I grab his hand and give him kitten eyes. He groans his voice cracking as he responds with, "That's not fair Catra! And I don't even know why yet."

"Bow. The only thing Glimmer never speaks about infront of me is well-"

"Adora." DT finishes my sentence, I nod as Bow gets on his knees and pulls me in for a hug. "You know we only looking out for you Catra. You- She. She hurt you real bad when she left, you cut your hair. Almost didn't apply to Etheria University. You were a mess, if this has anything to do with Adora, we will tell you when the time is right." I nod in his embrace as he slowly pulls away and smiles as I smile back. He then rushes out the door leaving me wondering and DT seeming content. "Looks like things are about to get intersting Kitten." They say smugly. I groan and hit them with a pillow as they laugh.

====

"Glimmer! What's this about. You realize how suspicious that was!? I mean I was with Catra and Double Trouble!" Bow says when he goes to the playground. "And why!? Are we meeting here, you being so-"

"Hey Bow." Bow's eyes widen at Adora's voice. He looks at Glimmer then back at Adora then beams. "Adora!" He excitedly shouts as he brings her in for a hug, which Glimmer later joins. "Best friend squad back together again!" He whispers. "Well we are missing-"

"Catra." Adora whispers. Bow and Glimmer stiffen as Adora asks. "Where is Catra? Can you take me to see her?"