Chapter 3

"We need some damage control. Otherwise this isn't going to end well." Glimmer whispers to Bow as they glance between Catra and Adora.

"You're right. I will go with Catra, you go with Adora." Bow says already making his way over to Catra. Glimmer however stops Bow in his tracks. "Actually Bow, I think I should go with Catra on this one. Trust me. You go with Adora." Bow nods and walks off to Adora.

Glimmer makes her way over to Catra. When Catra notices Glimmer making her way over, her stomach churns in nerves. Why couldn't she get Bow? "I am assuming I drew the short straw?" She joked. Glimmer gives her a quick glare and grabs Catra transporting them to The Academy. The place they all met. "Want to explain to me what that was all about?" Glimmer asks Catra, raising an eyebrow.

Catra sighs. "Look Sparkles, its just- she-" Tears already start pooling in my eyes and I groan in frustration. Why must Glimmer and Bow have this affect on me! Especially stupid Sparkles and her way of understanding me. Glimmer immediately pulls me in for a hug. "Catra hey, I get it. But I know you still love her. So why this date with Mermista?"

Catra shrugs. "I don't know, I mean I like hanging with her, she's also great in bed. And I am not quite ready to forgive Adora. She- the way she left. I don't think I could ever just go back to the way things were. But I know it's not fair. I know Mermista and I are just prolonging this thing for no reason. But right now I couldn't care less." Glimmer nods in understanding before sighing and walking over to the swings sitting on them. She chuckles and lightly taps Catra's shoulder.

"Remember how we first met?" Catra laughs and shakes her head as she sits beside Glimmer. "How could I forget? It was truly one for the books." They both end up laughing like maniacs.

See Adora and Catra grew up in a foster home together. Catra was always getting into fights. That Adora would automatically defend her in whether she was in the wrong or not. One day Catra had gotten sick so she missed Friday and Monday. Hearing all these stories about these great kids called Bow and Glimmer over the weekend. Catra was honestly skeptical and pissed. I mean Adora was her best friend and she already tolerated Lonnie, Kyle and Rogelio. So why add more people she thought. So when Tuesday rolled by, Catra naturally picked her fight with Glimmer. To Catra Glimmer not only looked like a sparkle bomb but an easy target, little did she know Glimmer could actually punch. They were wrestling on the floor, both dirty with a few scratches and bruises by the time Adora and Bow pulled them apart. From that day on they were sworn enemies which caused problems for Bow and Adora. Especially since Catra and Bow seemed to easily befriend each other in arts and crafts when Catra made a paper airplane and flew it at Bow in an attempt to start a fight just for being friends with Sparkles, Bow however in kind beamed and build a better plane flying one back at Catra. From that day on they would make all sorts of paper things just to show each other. The only problem was when the four would hang out Glimmer and Catra were more then ready to throw insults at each other. An occasional pinch or even punch. However neither were fond of getting caught by Bow or Adora. They'd be damned if they got another lecture about friendship. So they learned how to taunt each other in secret or just slide a questionable insult that made Bow and Adora suspicious but not enough for a reprimand. They found themselves quite enjoying this activity. It was only when they went to Bright Moon high that they actually became friends. That was also when Catra finally offically got adopted into the Horde family. When Adora was adopted by Madam Razz Catra was miserable. Madam Razz always let Catra come over though, but she just couldn't take one more kid. But her being adopted led to the new nickname Glimmer appointed Catra. Horde Scum, finally retaliating the Sparkles Catra would call her. They spent the entirety of the Academy denying friendship even when they would laugh at similar jokes or they both would be the most competitive people in the school especially with each other.