Chapter 6

Melog whimpers as they cuddle into Adora's side. Adora sniffs as she hugs Melog tightly. It's currently 6am, and she like the other Princesses is expected in Bright Moon in about 30 minutes to start the connection to the runestones. But she can't find it in her to even move. Adora is currently cuddled up in Catra's room finding comfort in her scent. Glimmer shuffles into the room slowly wearing a big sweater of Bow's that he only wears during winter. She has a bunch of coffees with her. "I-I got coffee, I figured since B-" she gulps as tears brim her eyes. "He or Cat-" she takes an intense inhale of breath. "I got coffee." She whispers before breaking down. Adora immediately stands up and puts down the almost spilling coffee, bringing Glimmer in for a tight hug.

"I-I miss him Adora! I miss them. B-But Bow- I never, I never got to say I love you before he left." Glimmer sobs out tightening the hug. Adora squeezes Glimmer thinking back to the fact that Catra wanted to speak to her. "We'll get them back, no matter what." Adora whispers assertively.

Just then Mermista and Perfuma walk in with coffees. Perfuma's hair was a mess, she didn't have her signature flower in her hair. That's when Adora looks around noticing how everyone looks like crap, even her. None of them look rested. Adora's hair is in a messy ponytail no poof present, Mermista's hair isn't braided and just lose, a curly mess. Glimmer has no sparkles, her hair seeming the same as yesterday except slept in. "We figured since you know." Mermista starts. Adora and Glimmer give them small smiles as they pull them in for a group hug.

Glimmer's phone beeps indicting they need to get ready to leave. Glimmer sighs. "Let's do this."

Once the Princesses make to Brightmoon, they are greeted by Frosta, Netossa and Spinnerella. Queen Angella smiles as she enters the room. "Follow me ladies." All the Princesses trudge after Angella to the runestone room. Perfuma gasps as she notices Scorpia's runestone flickering instead of shining brightly. Adora squeezes Perfuma's shoulder reassuringly. They all circle the runestones standing infront of their respective runestones, looking up making eye contact with each other. Adora places her sword down at her located spot.

"Now as you ladies know, you can recharge in your castles for short periods of time, just by the energy of the ground. But to get a full recharge you need to get here to the runestone room. Where the The Moonstone, The Heart-Blossom, The Pearl, The Fractal Flake, The Black Garnet and the Sword of Protection all lie together. To be protected by any potential threats, as you know this is the most heavily guarded place in all of Etheria. But enough of general knowledge. To connect to your runestones simultaneously, you need to all hold hands. And say these words. I Angella swear to protect Etheria with all my life, as a chosen princess and future Queen. Moonstone. But obviously using your own name and your own runestones name. This way the runestone places you in record as an official holder and future Queen."

All the Princesses nod. Adora takes a deep breath, taking the sword off her back and placing it in its required place as Angella nods at her. "For the honour of Grayskull!" Everyone latches hands and Glimmer closes her eyes. "I Glimmer swear to protect Etheria with all my life, as a chosen princess, and future Queen. Moonstone." She opens her eyes. Her runestone shining brightly as her eyes glow, her body shining in the colour of her runestone. Perfuma squeezes Glimmer's hand. "I Perfuma swear to protect Etheria with all my life as a chosen princess and future Queen. Heart-blossom." Perfuma glowing now as well. Mermista gives a determined look as she stares down her runestone. "I Mermista swear to protect Etheria with all my life as a chosen princess and future Queen. Pearl." Mermista now glowing. Frosta looking mesmerized and excited. "I Forsta, swear to protect Etheria with all my life as a chosen princess and future Queen. Fractal Flake." Once Frosta is done, Adora takes a deep breath as she closes her eyes thinking of Catra and of the future of Etheria. They have to win. "I Adora, swear to protect Etheria with all my life as a chosen princess and the chosen she-ra. Sword of Protection."