Chapter One

(Dev's POV)

I shuffled through the snow with purpose, occasionally kicking ice and snow on the path out of my way for nothing more than the purpose of doing it. I had woken up on time and gotten ready on time, an unexpected thing, but Kier and I were going to do this and I wouldn't leave him hanging for another hangout. I've done that too several times too many recently.

The trees of evergreen were lush and vibrant with their distinct rich green and blinding white snow atop. The land felt more alive with a pop of color in the distance. My jacket was a complementing green, but duller and more pleasing to the eye for complication. I found it lovely with the warm fur. It felt like a royal cloak, I felt important and eye-catching.

I ran my frozen fingers gently through the thick fluff and regretted not bringing anything extra. Then again, I wouldn't want to seem over the top and weird...even if that costs discomfort. It's worth it, I just want Kier and other people around me to be comfortable and happy to be around me, not ashamed and nervous.

My phone buzzed a bit, but I saw some were from Boosfer and made the smart and educated reaction of turning his notifications off immediately. Nothing can be good from 7 notifications from texts alone. Who knows what he wants, and I have plans. He can wait, or call if it's really urgent. 

I yawned again and slumped down. I was getting closer to the destination, which would take about four more minutes to get to. No need to rush as it's about 12:10, pm. 

Kier said he wouldn't be late, and I didn't doubt it. Maybe he arrived in a different direction or it snowed again already, as I had been roughly looking for footprints. Perhaps I was just here first! How wonderful would it be to show him I could be early if I wanted to, I just choose not 94.637 percent of the time. 

Breezes shook me and made me stumble off the barely visible track. I could only identify it as the level of snow was slightly lower and in front of the exit of the woods, where the path was much more visible, it showed where the line began. Good thing it was very straight. 

It was already violently picking up in the snow and now hail. I was going to wait outside for Kier, of course, though an overhang would be just lovely. 

I rubbed my face from tiredness but quickly wrapped my hands around myself in an attempt of warmth, half through my jacket. It was warmer and more comfortable than some hands in your pocket deal. Maybe I should bring gloves next time…

As I reached a wall, I took my phone out and mindlessly looked through my Twitter. I rarely did it and there was surely lots to catch up on. No Kier tweets showed up, like usual. He is never active on there, I never expect to see much of him.

I didn't see an overhang anywhere, and looked around briefly before leaning back against the wall, my eyes more towards the woods. Snow continued to pile up, and hail rained down on me like lighting on a god. A powerful, but painful feeling. 

Everything felt pretty empty right now. No movies were ending, and only ours was to start soon. Few people came from where I did and even fewer passed me. I was getting colder staying still, but my determination was getting the better of me yet again.

I felt drowsy and annoyed, too tired to deal with life. Despite this, I was motivated to be here and look happy.  I should plan something for each of my other friends too, I've missed spending too much time with them. But Kier first, he doesn't have too much time anymore. Always busy with something now.

After yawning more, it was almost 12:30. I stepped back and looked around. He should be here any second now to be early. I was getting colder every second I had to bare out in the dry and freezing desert of a place I lived by. 

When it turned 12:30, I stretched a bit and started stressing out. I saw him nowhere and to get good seats he should be here by now. More snowflakes fell into my hair making it spotted white and blue. I shook it off and checked in my phone screen to make sure it can't too bad. Once I was satisfied with it I leaned back again and put on some video without audio.

"Hey, Dev!"

I snapped my head up in shock. Boosfer? What was he doing here? It was just going to be me and Kier, right? He never said anything about inviting someone. Not like it's a bad thing, it's nice to have another friend, but so unexpected? I'd have liked a message or something. Well, maybe he just showed up and saw me, we are friends so we might have the same movie tastes!

He came up and waved. Snow covered him and his hair was solid white at the top, covered in thick snow that slipped down onto his shoulders and fell off when he moved. He looks frozen too, I feel bad and thought of asking if he wanted to go inside somewhere. 

"Oh, hey Boosfer! I didn't know you were here." I sweetly explained, trying to sound nice but scared the fairness would show. It probably wasn't a good day for him already to be covered in snow.

"What do you mean? We've been planning this, for weeks!" He squinted, puzzled by who knows what. I sure didn't understand 

He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow as he shuffled some snow away. He leaned back and swayed, then jerked his shoulder forward to knock some piling up snow off.

I tilted my head and furrowed my brows. He was being more weird than normal. I supposed I'll put up with it and ask him to join me at the theater, surely he can pick up an extra ticket if he hasn't one already. If Kier were to just be running late, we'd meet him in there! I'll make sure to save a nearby seat.

I was still hesitant about bringing him along. Kier is my best friend, he only deserves my make-up movie time, first. I was planning something special for Boosfer and later...ugh. I'll just work with it and be happy, I'll spend time with people I care about! It'll be great.

I walked closer and made body movements as to suggest we start walking. During this, I decided to correct him. 

"Actually, it was Kier and I that planned to go." I started with a nervous but glad smile. "Buttttttt! You can come too."

He rolled his eyes and flipped his head back. It was slightly playful, but it looked concerned and weirded out. I put my hand on his shoulder and continued to show movement to offer we leave.

He didn't move, and stopped in his tracks. I looked confused, and he did too. His head down, he mumbled something, barely recognizable, but I heard it. It was a final stand before some give in.

"..who's Kier??"

-----

Date Started: Who knows anymore
Date Finished: 2/20/22, February 20th, 2022
Words:1300

Author Notes:
Ello guys, this is a written version of @Sharkruins(on Twitter)/ sharkruins's comic series "Vanished". Go check it out, it's amazing and you totally should cause yas. This will be shorter than my normal chapters bc it's off a comic yknow.
Anyways, HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT/LIFE YOU LOVELY PERSON

Author OFF..