Chapter Two

(Dev's POV)

I started to giggle with a serious undertone. Boosfer had the oddest effects in a room, and the times when he is clearly joking, but sounding serious, makes me crack up. His harder, lonesome exterior was easily diminished in the fog of doubt about him. He is a great person, even though the joking sometimes gets to me a little bit. Not as much as Kier feels it, though. But I won't be the one to call him out on it, today.

I held the side of my face and tried to conceal my physical smirking and laughter. However, the irregular jolts of laughter and odd noises coming from my laughter easily gave me away. My dumb grin was practically larger than my hand and he stared back at me.

After mildly composing myself he looked a little calmer and just stared with a half concerned half bored face, his head to the side, and leaned against his shoulder. The look usually disturbed me, but now it just seemed ridiculous as that idiot was joking with me, fooling with my mind, playing with my thoughts. So stupid, but I couldn't imagine him any other way. He had his pizazz, suppose this evening won't be that bad.

I flicked some hair back and combed through more snowflakes. The moment seemed longer considering I was bored and cold.

"Yeah, haha, real funny," I smirked and remarked without laughing much, more distracted scanning for Kier and a visible place to stand, while close, and sheltered.

My finger pointed out a nearby overhang, and he gave me a side eye sort of look. I tried to clarify what I was pointing at, but I understood it was a question more like why we are going there. Maybe he wanted to go in early? I wasn't one to disappoint, but it's him against Kier, the guy I was originally going to go with. Obviously not too much of a deal that Boosfer is tagging along or something.

I tried to hide my disappointment even more, from him, and myself. I was hoping it would just be the two of us, best friends, a duo, the duo. Not this trio. It's fine though, I missed Kier, and Boosfer, a great friend of mine, is here too! That's very fine.

"Let's wait for Kier, then we can go in!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arm around the back of his shoulders, which were tense and sturdy, but did not give off any noticeable heat. I was considering having us go it and just messaging Kier, but the connection out here sounds…like a connection in a snowstorm.

He sighed and loosened up, shrugging me off and just standing still, waiting for me to take the first step. The ground was icy and showed off intricate ice designs, worth framing as anything from a picture to a memory, in some places, only making the place more beautiful and deserving of my spent time here. It's clear but outlined marks of almost cracked patterns, wove together to look like art, natural art. Arguably the best kind.

I made sure to run a foot over areas, as today I did not feel like falling over on ice. That would hurt and Boosfer would definitely have fun with that, solo fun…arguably the worst kind of fun if it isn't solo fun for me! I guess we need worst to balance out the bests, like nature art to solo fun, and me to Boosfer. Obviously, me being the best, and him being absolutely Boosfer, a huge no.

We started walking, carefully, to a small little area that had a roof, near the entrance of the theater. He just rolled his eyes every time I looked at him, and I stared back, puzzled why. Maybe it was because he had found it stupid, compared to a logical idea he had formed in his mind. He did that often, only later revealing it and comparing it. It made many of us angry after, but for reasons, I won't clarify how angry. Just know it's still a miracle he is still in one existing piece. You know what…his brain isn't right. It's not in one piece, clearly, a chunk of it is gone.