Nerding Out

Oneshot Details: High School. You're a nerd, not a computer nerd or an academic nerd just a nerd who's into Marvel, DC, Starwars, and every theory imaginable and you're a proud nerd but not everyone seems to like your nerdiness especially high school dance star Maddie who likes to poke at your vast intelligence of things fiction but when she starts to talk to you about the things she makes fun of you can't help but give in to see who the real Maddie is. (1/2) Credits: @AnimalGod123

Y/N's POV:

"Dude did you see the new trailer that came out, Wanda ugh the things I'd let her do to me." Jenna plants her hand on her chest being dramatic. "I know I know I can't wait, we're going to see it opening night and we're being hours early okay because last time we were all the way at the front and my neck has not been the same." I tell her.

"Oh yeah for sure that wasn't fun, the movie was great the position could've been better." I complain rolling my neck around but then I jerk forward from someone bumping into my shoulder, "Nerdy ass." I hear with chuckle and I look over seeing Maddie herself laughing with friends as she flips me off.

"Bitch." I say back giving the finger and Jenna just stares. "I still don't know what her problem is." She says and I agree, "I don't know either but she still hasn't stopped after years." I roll my eyes.

Since freshman year when Jenna and I first met we'd talk anything and everything in entertainment and comics, it was fun finally being able to share my theories and just nerd out to Wanda Maximoff but that's when the school's best dancer, Maddie fucking Ziegler, started to mess with us.

We'll mainly me, she's taken any opportunity to come at me but in fairness, I'd do the same, I don't know when it started or why it started but we definitely aren't friends or even acquaintances for that matter. We just hate each other enough to annoy each other and the worst part is that we share one class together.

Fucking gym class, I tried to get out of it but nope I missed the damn deadline and now I have to be on the front lines against Maddie fucking Ziegler. I swear nothing is worse than having to be near someone who likes to poke fun at what makes me happy.

"You like her don't you?"Jenna says and I shoot my head towards her, "What did you just say?" I ask in shock. "You like her, right?" She asks and I immediately hake my head, "Are you kidding me, why on earth would I like someone who does shit like that?" I ask her.

I mean is it wrong to like someone who does stuff like that to you. "Because you obviously haven't done anything to stop her and if you two are hiding a relationship then I'm a fool because it's working." She laughs and I shove her against the wall. "Rude." She complains and I flip her off.

"I don't like her and we're not together secretly." I roll my eyes. "Hmm I don't believe you but I think she's on her period." She randomly says and I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I laugh, "I'm serious, she seems cranky and horny." She shivers and I make a fake gagging sound. "What's wrong with you and you're probably wrong, she's just always like that." I pat Jenna's shoulder asking my head.

"Whatever you say, girls are weird." She shrugs, "Yeah, so are we." I mention and she shakes her head. "No, no we're not weird. We're fucking badass, now how about you come to my place after school because I got some new shit for you to see." She tells me and I nod, "Sure thing I'd love to." I tell her then the bell rings.

We wave to each other and I make my way to the locker room to change, "Sup Y/n!" I see Kenzie walk up to me, "Hey Kenz." I wave to the dark haired girl. "Heard that we're doing dodgeball." She groans slumping beside me.

"I don't mind it maybe I can give Maddie a head shot." I chuckle pulling my shirt over my head. "Kenzie I need you." I see Maddie glance at me as she steps beside Kenzie. "Maddie." I say her name rolling my eyes, "Y/n." She does the same thing but I left it at that.

"HA GOTCHA!" I clapped my hands as I got another girl out, different colored foam balls went flying in different directions, sadly Kenzie is on the other team with Maddie and I didn't really know anyone else on my team but we were winning.

"Last hit wins ladies, last hit wins!" Our gym teacher yells from the sidelines and in that second I feel a ball hit my stomach making my fold over. "Well that was quick!" I hear the teacher's whistle blow. Dammit why did that hurt so much?

"EAT IT Y/N!" I hear Maddie's laugh and I immediately sit up with the help of a few other girls on my team. I watched as she left for the locker room and I slowly followed everyone else inside. I looked down at my stomach removing my shirt seeing a light red circle printed on my skin.

"Holy shit, how hard did she hit me?" I ask myself poking at the mark. "Hey Y/n." I jumped at the voice seeing Maddie stand there just looking at me. "Can I help you?" I ask contemplating whether to cover my top half or not.

"Yeah um did you see the new trailer?" She asks and I raise an eyebrow, "Uh no." I simply say, "I mean the new trailer for the movie that you and Jenna were talking about." She clears her throat. Did I hear that right?

"Um yeah I've seen it and what about it?" I ask sitting back down but then so did she, right beside me. I quickly look away staring down at my shoes. "I was hoping we could talk about it." She keeps her hands curled in her lap.

She wants to talk about nerd stuff? With me? This can't be right. "Really?" I question her, she nods slowly, she's actually serious. "Yeah I mean I think Wanda could singlehandedly beat Thanos by a mile easily but she can also destroy anything at anytime." I blink slowly at her statement. I mean she's right.

"Yeah I just hope that they do well with her character in Multiverse of madness but the trailer seems to show otherwise." I test the waters. "I know and we see the glimpse of Wanda with blood trickling down her face plus Ms. Marvel will make her debut entrance will be exciting as we move on but will this be the end of Dr. Strange." Again she's right.

This is really weird, I think I'm dreaming. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She laughs and I smiled, wait no why am I smiling because of her laugh, oh God what's happening.

"I'm not looking at you like that." I clear my throat looking away but I keep glancing back at her blue eyes. No! I will prove Jenna right. "Looking at like what?" She asks me scooting over. Why is it getting hotter all of the sudden.

"Nothing, I'm not even looking at you." I face locker trying not to turn my head. "Now you are." She stands up and she steps in front of me bending over leaning on her hands on her knees giving me a clear view of- no no!

I make eye contact with her and she just smiles at me, sweetly. "Do you want to come over to my place? I want to talk more." She says. "Sure." I smile back, why did I just agree to this?

"Cool, uh I can give you ride after school, do you wanna meet by the vending machine?" She asks and I nod, "That works." WHY AM I AGREEING TO NERDING OUT WITH MADDIE FUCKING ZIEGLER?!

"Yeah it- it works for me too. I'll see you later Y/n." She waves before walking away. What just happened? I need to tell Jenna.

Jenna :)

Me
Jenna hey can't hang today

Jenna :)
What whyyyyyy????

Me
Other plans was just made

Jenna :)
You're fucking with me
Who's better than me to hang out with me

Me
...Maddie

Jenna :)
BITCH WHAT

Me
Don't kill me I didn't have a choice

Jenna :)
Asshole you always have a choice
But have fun and I knew it you do like her

Me
I DO NOT

Jenna :)
Yeaahhh this hang out of yours says otherwise
Tell me how it goes nerd