Chapter 1

"Hi" - Speech

'Hi' - Thought

[Hi] - Memory

-Hi - Telepathy

"Hi" - Gods' speech

***********

[Sobbing was heard in the deepest silence of the divine realm. Two silhouettes were visible in the middle of the giant garden.

A woman and a child. Red. Both of them had red hair. They sat on the green grass, surrounded by colorful flowers.

The woman, who seemed as fiery as her hair, held the sobbing child in a warm comforting embrace. Stroking the child's, just as fiery, red hair. She tries to soothe him. However....

"A-Auntie... Why doesn't he talk to me..?"

Only broken sobs and muffled words left the child's mouth. The woman's heart ached as her nephew wept, for the first time in a long time, in her embrace.

The young boy hadn't felt this warm ever since his mommy went back home, or so his auntie said, and auntie never lies.

He's not stupid, he saw how his daddy flinched everytime he saw his fiery red hair. He also saw the sad look on his daddy's face whenever he tried to smile and cheer him up. His daddy no longer looks at him.

Why doesn't his daddy look at him anymore?

Is it because he's too much like his mommy?

Should he stop smiling if his smile reminds his daddy of his mommy's?

Would his daddy be happy if he did that?

"Is it because I look like mommy..?"

Horror dawned upon the aunt's face as she lifted the sobbing face of her nephew, allowing him to look in her eyes. Her stern voice filled the young boy's ears.

"Don't even think that, Cale."

Bright red eyes softened when they saw Cale's flaky lips. A sigh escaped her mouth, causing her nephew to look at her with uncertain eyes.

She noticed her nephew's uncertainty and smiled softly, to reassure him, rubbing circles on Cale's back in an attempt to soothe him.

"Your daddy is being a bit stupid right now."

Cale sniffled and nodded his head a bit, he knew that. His daddy has always been very stupid. Just like the time his daddy had almost cried when his mommy didn't let him hold Cale. At that time, his daddy had made a very stupid face.

A silent giggle escaped Cale's lips as his records, or so he called them, of his daddy's dumb face played and his auntie tightened her hold. He hugged her back just as tightly.

Reddish-brown eyes slowly closing, the boy gave up fighting against his sleepiness.

Bright red eyes darkened as the child finally fell asleep in his aunt's embrace. Someone had walked into her realm and was staring at them with a sad look on their face.

"Phanes..."

She whispered the person's name as they stepped towards her and Cale. Phanes' rough hand passed through the boy's red locks.

They sighed in frustration as they crouched next to the two redheads, moving their gaze from Cale to his aunt. Bright red irises met purple ones. Phanes could see the hatred the woman held for Cale's father, Deruth. Alas, she couldn't do anything as deities are not allowed to interfere with the mortal world as they please.