Chapter 3

"Hi" - Speech

'Hi' - Thought

[Hi] - Memory

-Hi - Telepathy

"Hi" - Gods' speech

********************

Black... That was all he could see.

Emptiness. All he could feel was emptiness.

He looked around. Blue eyes scanned their surroundings, yet all they could find was emptiness.

"Where... Am I?" He muttered.

A childish voice echoed in the darkness.

Was he dead?

Did that swordmaster kill him?

Why was his life so unfair?

He couldn't even live like he should have! He's a great and mighty dragon!

The strongest being after the gods!

Why was it that the only freedom he could have was death?

The little dragon was pulled out of his train of thoughts when a soft voice filled his ears.

"Little dragon." Said dragon curled up, looking around wary. Where is this voice coming from?

"I am Chronos." The voice was soft, the baby dragon had never heard such a gentle tone.

All he had heard was the sound of the whip clashing onto his black scales and the cruel insults that were being spat right to his face.

He did not answer, the dragon did not know who this being was but he could feel that it was not a human. Blue eyes had seen plenty of humans before, he would recognize one if he sensed them.

"I am the God of Time." The black dragon suppressed a flinch.

A God? Was that true? He felt a different presence all around him but he couldn't tell what it was. All he had seen in his 4 years of life were humans.

Was he really in the presence of a God? But why would a God speak to him?

"How can I believe you?" He whispered, he couldn't trust the voice.

Who could assure him that the voice wasn't lying?

"Your time has not come yet." Chronos stated, his voice gentle. He was, after all, speaking to a child.

The dragon tilted his head. 'My time has not come?' He thought.

Did that mean that he wasn't to die just yet?

Could he still hope?

However.. Why would he? He had suffered for 4 years, ever since he hatched, and lost all his will to keep living. So, why should he still hope?

"Why should I stay there?" He asked, all his previous wariness somehow disappeared and he did not know why.

Chronos' eyes softened, although the little dragon could not see them.

He could understand the dragon's doubt, he hated humans who, because of their greed, wanted to tame him. Alas, a dragon is not whom they can easily shackle and break. They're not the strongest beings in the mortal world for nothing.

Which is why Chronos decided to be honest with the baby dragon, although he knew Cale would probably nag him a lot for exposing him. The God of Time disliked lying to children.

He was not so cruel as to reassure a child with a lie on top of it. The baby dragon would doubt him, but the only thing that can prove Chronos' words are facts.