Chapter 3: Serin and Who?

"Sorry, we're late coach." Kuroko and others apologizes to the brunnete who looks like she is going to attack someone and she did.

"THIS is why, I don't like cocky first years who always came in late." she says sweetly while crushing Kagami's head.

"Ouch! C-Coach, how come Kuroko isn't getting punished?!" Kagami points at his phantom male while screaming pain.

His calm expression changed a bit. "I'm a little pissed at you, Kagami-kun" says Kuroko.

'Poor Kagami-kun.'

"Excuse me but it's not their fault actually." I interrupt.

She stopped crushing Kagami's skull and was taken back by surprise. "Huh? Hello...um.." she trails off obviously trying to guess my name.

"I'm (First Name) Nijimura and this is my brother, Shuzo Nijimura." I smile while my brother coolly nods at them.

She then introduces herself. "I'm Riko Aida and this is team Serin." she points at the group of basketball players, smiling. It makes me feel that we're welcome.

'This is an interesting team.' I smile at my own thought. Then curiosity hit me, "Riko-san, may I ask which school is next?"

She paused for a while to check on her list."Touou." she said.

I blinked a few times. "R-Really?"

Riko tilts her head a bit. Confusion was written on her face. "Yes, why?"

I nervously wave my hand. "Nevermind. Anyways, I hope you have a good game this afternoon and what kind of animals do you like?" I immediately change topic.

I swear I saw her eyes sparkling when I mentioned animals to her. I can tell that despite her passion for basketball, she also has the same love for animals. I think I hit her soft spot.
It was fun chatting with their coach even though her first impression of her was unforgetable. We talked about so much things that I have learned alot of things that we have in common (except for the fact that she almost killed her teammates by cooking a simple dish of curry). Someone knocked on the door, announcing that they should be on court already. It made Riko sad that they had to leave.

"Aw, I hope we can chat soon." Riko says as she hands me her phone number.

"I hope so too." I grin as I saved the phone number.

Then we went on our separate ways. I happily skipped my way towards the snackbar ( I'm hungry, okay?!). I could feel the atmosphere tense up a bit which makes me feel uncomfortable.

"What?" I asked with a frown on my face.

My brother gave me a blank stare and flicked my forehead, earning a whine from me."Why did you changed the topic when Riko said Touou, why is that?"

I rub the spot from where he flicked me. "I met them earlier and I remembered Aomine-kun's school, Touou. I'm just worried for Kuroko-kun since they were friends." I said.

"Don't worry about him, let's just hope for the best. " He sighs and ruffles my hair.

"Q-Quit it! You know how much I hate it when you mess with my hair!" I complain.

He lets out an amused laugh and stops. I quickly fix my hair and glared at my brother. We finally arrived to the snackbar and I ordered my favorite snackbar and drink. I payed the respective amount of money to the cashier. We went inside the stadium and sat on the available seats. We patiently wait for the players to arrive.

'Aomine, please don't hurt him anymore further.' I thought.

"Don't make that face, you idiot. You'll get wrinkles." My brother suddenly says.