Would You Stay?

ALYSSA

"Alexa invited me to join them, I think they're going to Palawan. Is it okay?" I softly asked while I'm hugging her from behind.

"I love your scent." I said while sniffing her shoulders. "Amoy baby." I giggled. I stopped what I'm doing to look at Sam.

"You okay? Mahal, if ayaw mo, I will decline her invitation na lang." I calmly said, we're now facing each other.

"No, you should go." She coldly replied.

"I won't go." I said with finality. Hindi ko maintindihan kung gusto niya ba talaga ako sumama kina Alexa or hindi. Base sa nakikita ko ngayon, hindi eh. She can't fool me. I know something is wrong. 

"Go outside, I'll sleep." She said looking at the corner.

"No." I firmly said.

"Pagod ako, Ly. Huwag ngayon.". Nakikiusap na pahayag niya. Naupo siya sa kabilang side kaya naman tumayo ako para lapitan siya.

"Mahal naman. May problema ba?" Malumanay kong sambit. Pero hindi niya ako pinansin.

"Sige. I'll go downstairs, sleep well." I kissed her temple and then decided to leave her room.

I hope you're okay, Sam.I will give you space muna. I whispered to myself.

I was about to leave her room when I heard her sobbing. My senses responded quickly and eventually I found myself comforting Samantha.

"I won't ask you about the reason why you are crying. I'll just stay here until you feel better." I hugged her tight and she did the same.

"L-y." She called me while still crying.

"Hmmm." I lifted her chin up, I look straight into her eyes, I gently wiped the tears streaming down to her cheeks with the back of my hand.

"A-m I a b-ad per-son?" She asked. She looked away from me and she looked down at our hands intertwined.

"No." My brows furrowed. Why did she think that she's a bad person, when in fact she's not? "Why are you asking?" I added. I don't want to meddle with her problems. I just want to know a bit.

"I- am not a model anymore. They said that someone out there is way better than me." Her voice is shaking.

"Shh. Stop crying na." Pinaharap ko siya sa akin. "Sige, papanget ka niyan tapos baka maagaw pa ako ng iba." Pang-aasar ko. I just wanted to see her smile and feel na it's really okay. She doesn't need to work naman. Wait? No. It is her passion.

"Bwesit ka!" Sigaw niya at hinampas ang balikat ko. Ang sakit. Hindi man lang ako nakaiwas.

"A-ray! A-ray! Sam naman." Reklamo ko, pinigilan ko siya gamt ang isa kong kamay. Makahampas naman 'to.

"Are you indirectly telling me na I'm not pretty anymore because I'm crying?" She seriously asked.

"No, of course not." I quickly answered. I was just joking.

"Just go with Alexa and your friends. I want to be alone." She said trying to remove my hold on her hand.

"You're way important that any of them." I smiled, she just looked away.

"Puntahan mo na sila. Mabuti sila, may trabaho at pera." Galit na tugon niya. Bakit ba siya nagagalit?

"I won't choose them. I don't need their money and connections. I have it my own way if that's bothering you."

"That's my point." She said,  shaking her head a bit.

"I don't get it, Sam." I'm confused.

"Ly, my agency doesn't want me to work for them anymore. They don't want to have another or at least renew my contract." She finally opened it up.