𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜 & 𝐽𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑡 𝑃𝑡 3 - 𝐿𝑒𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑛ℎ𝑜

imagine: you return to your dreams where you return to him - but, you were too afraid to wake up thinking it would be the last time.

y/n's pov

"good morning." 

the touch of his warm breath gently caressing your neck urged you to turn in his direction. your eyes met instantly and he smiled brightly. he was happy to see you. 

you didn't bother questioning where you were, or why he was here. knowing he was beside you once again comforted you more than you'd ever know. 

his eyes glistened as he grinned at you with that smile you so desperately missed. minho threw himself back in shock, pausing at the tight grip of your arms wrapped around his neck. he stayed silent for a moment, but let a sigh leave his lips as he held his arms around you, "did you miss me?" 

your lips quivered at the sound of his voice, and you forced yourself to hold back tears and nod in response. it had felt like forever since you'd heard the sweet sound of his voice, you missed him saying your name and calling out to you. you hardly remembered the way he spoke to you, so finally hearing him brought back every memory you'd shared together. 

"i'm here now." minho still refused to release his grip from you, but you didn't complain too much. just holding him in your arms made you feel safer, you were at home again. 

you'd thought back on your question more than once now. only a few minutes had passed but it was all you could think about, you just needed to know. 

"minho," you pulled away from his arms to look up at him with teary eyes. his thumb stroked your cheek, your tears rolling away just like that. "can i stay with you?" 

he lowered his head and looked back up at you hesitantly, "do you want to?" his pause felt longer than yours did. but, he took his time in admiring you. he stared, and stared, and stared. and you just sat there in pain. you couldn't help but clench your fist, slamming your hand into your chest in anger. and you did it to him, too. 

he fell back as your fists punched him effortlessly. he wasn't hurt by it, he understood. of course you'd be upset. he left you. but, you didn't understand why. perhaps if you understood his reason, then you'd feel at peace. yet, you knew you wouldn't. his answer would leave you in pieces. it was worse to know than to not. 

you shook your head at his question, "i want you to come home." 

you felt as though those were the only words you could actually speak. nothing else came to your mind. he knew you didn't want to stay with him, you just wanted him home with you. you'd feel safer knowing he wasn't far, you'd comfort yourself and sleep well with the thought of him turning up every morning to wake you up. 

"do i have to wake up, now?" 

he smiled, letting a tear fall from his eyes. "you can stay as long as you want," he gulped, nodding his head, "i'll be here. every night, waiting." 

when he admitted he'd wait every night, you knew it was just a dream. you were imagining yourself being with him one last time before he'd leave you forever. so, you didn't want to wake up. 

"you're just saying that," you fought back against his words, "you won't be waiting." 

you were afraid that, when you wake up, that would be it. it would be your final goodbye, your last time to see him, hold his hand, his cheek. your last chance to love him before it all disappears. 

he held out his hand to hold yours, his other caressing your cheek carefully. "i promised, didn't i?"