𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑 - 𝐾𝑖𝑚 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑚𝑖𝑛

imagine: you admit to seungmin that you'd lost feelings for your boyfriend, but he doesn't seem to be comforting. 

y/n's pov

for weeks you've been trying to make up your mind. but, somehow, it wasn't at all as easy as you thought. 

"hey." you called seungmin, your voice hoarse as you spoke through the phone. 

"what's wrong? i'm rehearsing right now." he says breathless. you can hear him take a sip of water after he speaks, and then a final gasp for air. 

"can you come over when you're done?" 

you felt that seungmin was the only person you could go to. you didn't exactly have any friends, so it was difficult to confide in someone. maybe seungmin got bored of you talking by now - but, still, you needed him more than ever. 

"it's important." 

"sure," he takes another sip, "i'll be over at ten."

it felt as though you had waited the entire day, but it was just a few hours until seungmin had arrived. those few hours were desperate and long - you were going crazy. 

you opened the door to see seungmin standing there, his bag slung over his shoulder. "i need a drink." he rushes past you, dropping his bag to the floor and helping himself to the drinks in the fridge. 

he chugs them down quickly, and you can see the liquid dripping down his chin. but, then again, it could have just been sweat. he takes a few breaths, then continues drinking until the bottle's empty. seungmin glances at it, then looks over at you. "i'll buy you a new one." 

you shake your head with a sad smile, "don't worry about it." 

seungmin takes a seat beside you and sighs, slapping his hands onto his thighs. "what did you do today? did you see jae?" 

you bite your lower lip, hiding your face in your hands for a moment. "i'm avoiding him." 

he quickly perches up, and frowns. "what happened? i thought you were seeing him all week?" 

"yeah, well, i haven't."

"not even once?" 

you shook your head. 

"seungmin..." you paused, finally looking up at him, "am i making the wrong decision?" 

"by avoiding him?" he asked, eventually shrugging. "that's your choice. i can't put any words in your mouth." 

"i feel like..." you thought for a moment, and took a deep breath, "i've lost feelings. entirely." 

"well, how would you know if you haven't seen him? come on, y/n. you need to make more of an effort." 

seungmin was right, but you couldn't wrap your head around that idea. you didn't want to make an effort.  

"it's not like i've been thinking about this for a few days. i've been considering it for a month or so. and, now, i'm finally realising i can't keep doing this. to myself, and to jae. it's not fair."

"if you've been considering it for this long you should have at least told him."

"i know..." you agreed. 

"and the fact you're telling me instead of him is even worse. he's the first person you should be talking to. imagine he finds out i knew you lost feelings before he did? you're in a relationship with him, y/n, not me." 

"you should be comforting me, not having a go at me." 

"yeah, well, i'm not," he sighed, standing up and walking towards his bag. "i respect your decision whatever you decide to do, but you should have spoken to him first. i don't respect the fact you kept this from him for so long. make up your mind quickly, or i will."

"seungmin-" 

he heads toward the door, unlocking it. "i have practice in the morning. goodnight."

and with a slam of the door, seungmin is gone. 

you're alone with your thoughts once again.