Alex Jones

"Just go get us some cha-ching, you stupid bitch!"

I nodded feebly at mother. I ducked my head, grabbing my single suitcase before approaching the bus.

The bus that would take me from Canada to America.

I lived in Wawa, a town in Ontario near Lake Superior. It seemed like even the town mocked me, not just the people in it.

Everyone was happy to see me go. I don't know why, but I suppose it's because I'm a nuisance. Sixteen years of being nothing but worthless.

One of the teachers came from the bus, looking kind of surprised someone wasn't here to see me off. He shook his head before approaching.

"Hello, young lady." Hmm... British accent. "You must be Alex Jones, correct?" I nodded, shy around this stranger. "My name is Lou Bon, you can call me by either." Once again, I nodded. Like a useless bobble head. "Are you ready to go?"

I held up my suitcase, whispering a small, "yes, sir."

Lou smiled, taking the small, rollable bag with animal prints on it. He opened a small spot under the bus and motioned for me to get on.

I walked up the steps, passing the Santa-look-alike driver. Suddenly, someone roughly grabbed my arm and I felt a sharp pain on my wrist. I gasped, staring at the woman in shock.

"Protocol." She shrugged. I nodded, understanding but wishing she'd asked me first.

I continued down the row, sitting near the back. There was only a few people on the bus, not counting the three teachers and the bus driver.

Sighing, I realized this was going to be a long ride. I closed my eyes, wanting to get as far away from Wawa as I could.

So? How was chapter one? Expect more soon! Sorry it's so short, though.