Happiness

"I'm home!" Alastair cried down the hall, having closed the door behind him. His hands were occupied with tall paper bags that nearly toppled over when he was hit by a flurry of dark hair and long arms. He laughed, looking down at Zachary.

"Hello there, love."

The sound of footsteps down the hall made Alastair look up. It was Thomas. His hair was a colossal mess, he was wearing an apron and was wiping his flour-coloured hands on it. He had one of his signature beautiful smiles that had the power to light up the world, making Alastair visibly relax.

"Let me help you with that." Thomas said, coming forward to take the bags from Alastair. Having taken the load, Alastair rose to his tiptoes, took Thomas's neck and brought him down for a sweet kiss. Thomas's mouth tasted like sweet bread, with the right hint of butter and honey. Alastair could feel Thomas smile against his mouth and return the kiss with the same fervor.

When he managed to resurface, Alastair grinned at Thomas and slid his arm around his waist pulling him along his side as they walked along the corridor. Zachary grabbed Alastair's other hand and started chattering excitedly, demanding a full story of what happens in the market. Thomas laughed at Azar's excitement and Alastair smiled, thinking how lucky he is to have the brightest lights in his life.

*A/N: 'Azar' in this story was my version on baby carstairs. The name means 'fire' in Persian. I searched it up on the internet so I hope I haven't offended/insulted/upset-ted any readers.

Update: After the events of CoT, I have made the change to baby carstairs.