0 - Handholding.

Humans are desirous creatures.

And even if we don't believe that we specifically are, it is true.

And as long as we humans last, there will always be a similar desire among the populous for the inanimate or animated - be it the smallest of rings, the largest of houses, the hope for peace, or the affection of another human like them.

Examples of this desire amongst all could include Horikita's fervent craving to reach Class A, Sudou's crush on the formerly mentioned person to be reciprocated, or Yamauchi's dead in the water idea that he could expel me.

But that last one didn't work out for him, did it now?

However, it simply everything: humans are creatures who long for something, and I can defend that claim with cold, hard evidence.

And not just from other people, rather; it is also from myself.

I myself have had a few things that I have desired, and none of them have ever been profound nor impossible for other people.

However those "other people" aren't me, and things like peace, calm, and meeting normal people without either obnoxious personalities, arrogant attitudes, egotistical/narcissistic views on the world, or anything that is related to such is a very big stretch (for some reason).

And thus I ask myself: why must I suffer and deal with these people while others have no problems avoiding all the problems I incur all together?

Is it because it's entertaining to whatever, if they may exist, god above? Or because I am a magnet that attracts the worst of this world?

Why must I deserve this? Why must I suffer through the whips of punishment and lashes of hate when I have done no wrong?

The answer to all of these is rather generic, and that's I don't know.

Because no matter how intelligent I may possibly be, these specific questions cannot be answered through the sciences, mathematics, or even the greatest philosophers which have graced us.

Furthermore, even if I were to figure out the reason why I have become a force by which all people are attracted to - I doubt that I could stop it in any way, shape, or form for the same reasons above.

Nevertheless, even though I have listed all of these misfortunes and unfulfilled hopes that all seemed to go into effect exactly 4 weeks after I entered this school; I cannot say that all of them have gone completely unsatisfied.

Case in point - the person right next to me.

"Fufufu~ What are you thinking, Kiyotaka? Perhaps about me?" Arisu said as she tilted her head to the left and stared at me with a smile, looking deep into my eyes as I stared at her with my usual face.

"You could say that." I reply back as she sneakily shifts her pillow closer to me.

"Oh? And what about me were you thinking of? My charm, beauty, or perhaps how much you love me?"

"I was thinking of all of those things." I tried to say back slyly, but it ended up being my emotionless sounding voice.

If only that I didn't sound like that, it would really help me with socializing with people. 

Luckily, though; she seemed to have catched onto what I was trying to do, and in response to my comment simply laughed a-bit and reached for my right hand with her left, slowly putting her hand around my own as she gripped it firmly.

"Well, I thank you for that, Kiyotaka."

What followed after was comfortable silence, and a warm tingle that rushed down my spine as a bright fire spiraled deep down my entire body.

It felt wonderful, it felt good, and this feeling was one I wished to experience more.

Yet even then, I wonder how one action like holding someones hand could evoke such an intense feeling out of me.

I knew that I loved her, but can love constitute creating this type of feeling?

I wish I knew, but I didn't, I never had known before I began my deeply intimate relationship with Arisu.

But perhaps I'll figure out as I progress my relationship with her, just maybe.

But even if I don't find my answer for however long it may be, I still think that even without it I'd be fine.

But I believe one reason for it has become clear since the beginning of my time with her.

Suddenly, Arisu rests her head on my shoulder.

And that reason is based on my love for this girl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first one shot out of 10, not too much in this one but I hope it satisfies until I create the next.

Also, you can leave any ideas you have for one shots here and I'll probably do them.