3 - Short Conversations.

Today was a rather calm day for Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

And, even though it was exponentially rare for such a thing to happen, he would not be approached once today by anyone.

Horikita didn't speak to him nor even glance at him once during classes, Kei seemed to want to ask him to hang out with her group of friends though she seemed to back out of doing so at the last second (for some reason), and not even the fabled Ayanokouji Group requested anything from him.

Such events were almost unheard of from happening, as considering the various personalities that seem to circle around him everyday he expected at least one person to try to come to him to ask for something or cause up trouble.

But no, today was just silent.

However, though direct confrontation was not present during school hours nor of those after classes had ended; that does not mean that he did not have any conversations with people.

Even if most of those conversations were through that of the digital world, or more specifically through messages. 

Because after checking his phone due to what he perceived to be boredom, he opened it to see a slew of messages from various people: amounting to a grand total of 30 messages.

5 of them were from Kei, mainly apologizing for her friends behavior and asking if he wanted to eat with them next time; 12 of them were from the Ayanokouji Group, who were having their usual spiel of arguing with each other about useless things which didn't matter; 3 of them were from Horikita who asked about upcoming special exams; and finally the last 10 of them were all from one person and one person alone.

[Hello, are you there?] Read the first message at 3:31:29 PM.

[Hmph, how truly vile of you to ignore me for so long.] Read the second one at 3:39:49 PM.

[What are you doing that could be so important as to not respond to me? Nothing, I believe; yet you are doing so.] Read the 5th one at 4:00:00 PM.

[Kiyotaka, I'm losing my patience.] Read the last one at 5:56:45 PM.

And, in terms of what our belovéd Ayanokouji Kiyotaka was doing for 2 hours after school had ended, he decided it would be a great idea to stare at the ceiling of his dorm absentmindedly without any real purpose nor objective in his mind.

But eventually, he did actually end up responding to her in the most lukewarm fashion he possible ever could.