004

A START
⏝⏝ ❁ཻུ۪۪⸙͎ ❁ཻུ۪۪⸙͎❛⏝

"I had a dream," Profikós started, her lashes low as she stared at the rising moon. Apollo sat with her, caressing her hand in his as he peered at her curiously. "What was it about?" He asked. God's didn't sleep much, or at all for that matter. Not unless Hypnos took pity upon you and answered your wishes. "I got everything I wanted," she smiled bitterly, "not what you would think. And if I'm being honest, it might've been a nightmare."

"Do you not already have everything one could wish for?" Apollo's face scrunched up in confusion, making Profikós laugh. "You would assume so, maybe I am being selfish. Plenty of mortals would wish to be like me, yet many would also wish to be appreciated and for that they'd wish to be you. Or any other immortal for that matter." She explained in a quiet voice.

Men and women were not loyal creatures, despising the goddess for enforcing what she stood by. Men prayed off bad luck in daily practices. And no one wanted a tragic prophecy, they wanted one of hope. Something to help them move forward. Profikós could not give that, being the goddess she was.

Apollo cupped her cheeks in his hands, pulling her close and smashing his lips onto hers. A flush crept up Profikós' face, her eyes wide before they softened and she returned the kiss just as passionately. They were in perfect sync with one another, having done this plenty times before. And each time, Apollo never failed to fluster the goddess, captivating her in perfect harmony. Sharing his love in words he couldn't describe. Profikós felt his love like strong, high waves— smiling everytime she thought of the way he kissed and held her.

So as they interlocked with one another, limbs intertwining with each other in a heated mess— a child was born. He flourished and was cherished, as someone so flawed and someone so perfect created a perfect mix of both in the form of Calix, a boy with bright indigo eyes and soft blonde hair.

╭─  ⌲  PRESENT, 2005

Dark eyes met brighter ones and Profikós smiled. "My dearest Calix, how wonderful it is to see you." She greeted, pulling her son into a warm embrace. The younger immortal hugged back, a bright grin on his face at being in the presence of his mother. His quest had been long, retrieving a magical item that his mother had been interested in. But as he handed her the item it felt as though she didn't care for it, making his grin fall and his eyes squinted.

"Mother," he started, "you don't seem all that eager for the item, which is odd considering how much you went on about needing it." Profikós blinked twice, before she broke out into a hesitant smile. "Yes yes— I am very grateful, Calix." She set the item down. "Enough of that though, I have something to discuss with you. About your father—" Calix perked up at the mention of his father. "What about him?" He asked all too eagerly.

Profikós sighed. "Well, I've looked back on my behavior. And although I am still angry at your father, you should still be able to see him. I know you need a father, someone else to love you as equally as I do." Calix took in his mother's words, gawking at the women in shock before excitement settle onto his features. "Oh, thank you, mother!" He hugged Profikós. "Thank you." He said in a quiet voice, eyes closed as he practically glowed with delight. Profikós smiled, glad to see her son so happy. She regretted not doing this sooner.

610 words, not edited