005

I'VE GIVEN UP ON CHAPTER TITLES
⏝⏝ ❁ཻུ۪۪⸙͎ ❁ཻུ۪۪⸙͎❛⏝⏝

"My little hero!" Profikós called, waving the young demigod down. And although it wasn't his name, Percy still turned— a certain look on his face like he hadn't expected to be called such a name again. "Uh— hi?" He greeted hesitantly, tightening his grip on the strap of his backpack. Profikós let out a breathy laugh. "I see you survived. Of course, I would've known if you weren't going to." She said.

"How—" Profikós shushed the blue eyed boy. "Enough about me, I assume you're here to return what you stole?" She winked, glancing behind him and at the bag on his back. "But I didn't...never mind. But yea, I am. I was actually on my way now, so if you don't mind..." Percy trailed off awkwardly, a defeated tone in his voice.

Profikós nodded. "Of course, don't let me stop you. Until next time, hmm?" She smirked, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she waved before disappearing. Percy starred at where the goddess once stood. He was sure she was just teleporting for dramatic effect at this point. And Profikós a hundred percent was, though she was sure he didn't know that.

╭─ ⌲ ONE OF OLYMPUS' MANY GARDENS

Profikós watched with slight interest as Apollo and Calix played a song, both immortals stringing their hands along the strings of the lyres they held. Calix looked as though he was in his natural habitat, the music flowing from his instrument with ease. A glow surrounded him and he looked younger, happier. Though he had played many pieces before, this felt different— as he was playing with the two people he loved most, together.

Profikós smiled at the thought, eyes softening at the way her son's fingers handled the instrument with such gentleness yet were still able to convey such emotion she couldn't hope to put into words. And Apollo was just as magnificent, having thought Calix all he knew before Profikós and his fall out. Profikós closed her eyes, and just imagined.

Imagined that she had stayed with Apollo, that she hadn't forbid Calix from visiting his father. She just imagined how different everything would be. Would she still be same old Profikós? Same self concious Profikós who looked to a man who shined brighter than she could ever? The thought was revolting. She liked who she had become, but hated what it took to get her to this point.

Profikós opened her eyes, she didn't want to think of what if. She wanted to see Calix happy. So with a heavy sigh she stood up. Calix and Apollo had finished the piece, making small talk with each other with bright smiles both present on each of their faces. Calix caught sight of his mother's figure, turning his attention to the woman. "Mother! How did you like the song?" He asked eagerly. Profikós let out a hum.

"It was wonderful, Calix. I look forward to whatever you play next." She smiled. Apollo looked to his past lover, smiling softly at her words. "I have some more songs we could play, Calix. Of course, if that is okay with your mother?" A bit of hopefulness slipped through Apollo's tone, matching the hopeful look Calix sent Profikós.

Profikós smirked slightly, mock thoughtfulness on her expression as she side eyed the two males infront of her. Calix wait with anticipation, as did Apollo. "Alright, as you wish." She said finally with a dismissive shrug. Calix grinned, setting his lyre down to bring his mother into a warm hug. Profikós hugged back, sending Apollo a warning look as he tried joining the hug. They weren't there yet.

599 words, unedited