Chapter 08: Investigation

Evelyn's POV
After the bedroom situation, Bella and I avoided each other.

Though she did try to spread some nasty rumors about me, it didn't work. No one believed a word she said about me, and even Mike and Eric stopped hanging out with her since having a free sex buddy wasn't enough to make them stay. Bella eventually got fired from working at Mike's family store which was bound to happen eventually since all she did was have sex with Mike in the storage closet. Bella truly became an outcast at school without her boy toys and the Cullens.

This is what probably led to her going to Port Angeles and Seattle instead of school. She needed attention and she couldn't get it anywhere in Forks, or La Push since she got banned from there after harassing Jacob and his boyfriend.

While all of Bella's sex craziness was going on Charlie and I were digging around. I got reports from the people of Forks, and La Push and Charlie dug up Bella's previous school reports.

It was all pretty much the same except for the fact that Bella was expelled from multiple school and banned from multiple states. Bella was not welcomed in California, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Atlanta, Tennessee, Missouri, Mississippi, New York, or Arizona. She also couldn't fly internationally as she was determined to be a flight risk, and she would get flagged if she crossed the border to Canada or Mexico.

This was the reason why Bella came to Forks in the first place. Renee wanted to have her wedding and honeymoon in Mexico, but couldn't because of her psychotic daughter. So Renee shipped her to the small and peaceful town of Forks where her tyranny continued.

As we looked through the files I counted a lot of things that could put Bella in jail, but she strangely didn't. There was assault, harassment, stalking, public intoxication, illegal drug use, and even sexual assault charges that were all mysteriously dropped. Renee didn't have the power, money, or influence to pull this off neither did Phil.

This led me to calling in an expert.

(A/n): Warning there will be a lot of Russian in the next few paragraphs. I will include translations, but again I don't know Russian.

"Hello, Evelyn. How can I help you?" Asked Wesley, before I could answer however I noticed a shadow moving underneath my bedroom door so I responded in Russian since it was a common language that we both knew well (I'm working on my mandarin) "Привет, Уэсли, мне нужно задать тебе несколько вопросов и, возможно, сделать одолжение. Вы свободны?"(hello, Wesley, I need to ask you a few questions and possibly a favor. Are you free?).

"Эвелин? Все в порядке? Ты не один?" He asked worriedly, (Evelyn? Is everything alright? Are you not alone?), I chuckled before saying "Да, Уэсли. Все в порядке, просто любопытный двоюродный брат, которому не хватает уединения" (Yes, Wesley. Everything's fine, just a nosy cousin who lacks privacy) he sighed and said "Я понимаю. Что тебе нужно?"(I understand. What do you need?).

"Как бы я скрыл список преступлений без каких-либо денег или ресурсов?" I outright asked, (How would I cover up a list of crimes without any money or resources?), Wesley was silent for a moment before saying "Это зависит от характера преступлений и того, как долго они продолжаются. Почему ты спрашиваешь? Что-то случилось?" (It depends on the nature of the crimes, and how long it's been going on. Why are you asking? Did something happen?).

I shake my head before remembering that he can't see me "Нет. Я только что углубился в прошлое Беллы и увидел много красных флагов. Я просто запутался в том, как ей все это сошло с рук" (No. I've just been digging into Bella's past and I saw a lot of red flags. I'm just confused about how she got away with all of it) Wesley grew quiet again before saying "Пришлите мне файлы. Я расскажу тебе, как она это сделала" (Send me the files. I'll tell you how she did it).

I smiled before saying "Thanks Wesley. You're the best" he chuckled and said "So I've been told. You get ready for bed and call your parents, alright?" I laughed and said "I'll do that, good night" "Night Evelyn" then I hung up and got ready for bed.

 You get ready for bed and call your parents, alright?" I laughed and said "I'll do that, good night" "Night Evelyn" then I hung up and got ready for bed

I then crawled into bed and called my parents and told them about my day before going to sleep.