Chapter 14; New York or Forks?

Evelyn's POV
I was packing my bags and getting ready to leave Forks for good and hopefully never come back.

The memories that I had here weren't the greatest. Bella and I spent our summers here until we were 14 and Charlie let Bella get away with so much crap because she was the 'good' twin and I was the 'bad' twin according to Renee. In reality Bella was the golden child and I was the scapegoat.

'I' broke things, lied, stole, and did everything to get attention on me while Bella was honest and innocent. Bella could do no wrong. Charlie believed Renee and Bella every time, so when something was broken or Bella had a bad day I was sent to my room with no dinner and possibly a spanking depending on how bad it was.

Thankfully, I was leaving....but why did I feel so sad? I paused from folding my clothes and sat on my bed and looked around. I had a cork board covered in pictures of me with Ben, Angela, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett, Henry, and.......Edward and Jasper. I sighed and leaned forward as I buried my head in my hands.

I hated Forks. The small town where everyone new everyone else and nothing was private. I hated how quiet it was the whole town sounded empty without the constant honking of horns and road rage. I hated all the greenery, I preferred the colorful buildings and flashing lights from their windows. I hated how there was too much fake drama and gossip, but most of all.... I hated the memories.

I hated how Charlie, my father, would always choose Bella's side and always believe her lies without question. I hated how I constantly went to bed at night with a sore bum and and empty stomach because Charlie had to punish me for being 'bad'. I hated how I would cry myself to sleep every night that I was here because I was in so much pain yet no one in this quiet town heard me.

I missed Hell's Kitchen. I missed movie nights with Vlady and Tolya. I missed the noise and colorful rainbow buildings. I missed my parents that would never raise a hand to me or refuse to feed me. I missed how my voice was always heard in the bustling city and how my home was filled with laughter and smiles every day.

So why did I feel so sad? Why did it feel like I was leaving home all over again? The only thing in common that Forks has with Hell's Kitchen was the cold rainy weather. What did Forks have that Hell's Kitchen didn't? I knew the answer. I stood up and walked over to the cork board and removed one of the pictures and smiled down at it.

I was in little space at the Cullens after a bad day at school with Bella. Edward and Jasper had taken it upon themselves to comfort me, and I'd fallen asleep while eating popcorn and gummy bears/worms and watching Disney movies. I was swaddled in a blanket between Edward and Jasper with my head resting on Jasper's shoulder and my feet on Edward's lap. Jasper had his head resting against mine and Edward was looking at both of us in adoration.

The picture was taken by Alice who was our biggest shipper she called us 'Evelsperward' and had an entire scrap book dedicated to us. It had a list of other ship names (including marital names), more pictures, wedding ideas, and a braided lock of hair from the three of us.... Maybe I needed to have a talk with her.

I knew what Forks had that Hell's Kitchen didn't. It had Jasper Hale and Edward Cullen. The two boys that I was unconditionally and irrecoverably in love with. I lowered the picture and looked up at the ceiling as I closed my eyes and bit my lip. I tried to Will the tears away, but a few slipped out. I heard the voices from downstairs echo up to my room snapping me out of my thoughts as I heard my mother yelling at Charlie.

I opened my eyes and set the picture down on the bed, and walked downstairs to see what was going on "This is a horrible idea! Why would you even suggest this?!" My mother yelled and my father tried to pacify her "Think about Eve's safety. Hell's Kitchen's crime rate has risen and there were threats made against me and you...we can't drag her into this and we can't lose her" Wesley butted in "She has friends here and another little in town."

I stepped into the living room "What's going on?" I asked looking around. My parents were on the couch, Charlie was in his lazy boy and Wesley was standing. All their heads snapped to me and they all looked like kids whose hands have been caught in the cookie jar. Mom stood up first and walked over to me before dragging me over to the couch to sit between her and dad while saying "Sweetie, listen, we need to talk to you about something important."

"Okay...?" I said as I sat down. My dad went first "Evelyn....there's some problems in Hell's Kitchen so I decided to ask Charlie if he'd be willing to keep you for the rest of the school year and he said yes" my mom continued "But we also wanted to ask you if you felt comfortable staying in Forks for a little while longer, with Charlie" I sat there frozen for a moment unsure of what to say or do.

I decided to close my eyes and ask myself the question before saying the first thing that came to my mind.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I want to stay."