Chapter 13: Phase 2

Evelyn's POV
Both mine and Bella's parents had come to Forks. I was not looking forward to seeing Phil again, but it was long overdue for a family meeting.

Bella arranged that attack on me at the mall. According to the survivor he and his friends were hired to beat and kill me, but decided to have a little 'fun' before ending my life. I was not only pressing charges, but with all the evidence Charlie and I ahead gathered it was doubtful that Bella would be able to plead innocent.

Wesley was there along with a lawyer called Davis who worked for Renee. I started by providing all my evidence of Bella's less than pleasant behavior along with recorded testimonies Wesley then presented evidence of lawyers and judges being sexually coerced by Renee to drop the charges. After presenting our findings to the three they glared at me.

"You'd really do this? To your own sister?!" Renee demanded "I don't have a sister" I responded simply and curling up into my mother's side to provide myself with a sense of security as Phil's gaze raked up and down my form disgustingly. Davis seemed nervous as he asked "What do you want?" Wesley looked at my dad who glared at Phil.

Dad tore his gaze away from that monster and said "You're mistaken. We don't want anything from any of you" to which Bella annoyedly asked "Then why are we even here?!" "That's actually quite simple really" my dad said and before anyone could blink all four of them had police surrounding them and ordering them on the ground "you're being arrested" they struggled as they were put in handcuffs and all the evidence that was gathered was bagged up.

They hurled threats and insults towards me and my parents even after their Miranda's were said to them. It'll be interesting to hear what a judge has to say when he hears that Renee and Bella said death threats to us, and I'm sure he'll be fascinated to find out what Phil means by "I should've just did what I wanted to that first night you little bitch!"

A few weeks later after the judge went through all the evidence Phil got the death sentence and Renee and Bella received a life sentence for rape, assault, statutory rape, kidnapping, murder, attempted rape of a minor, sexual assault of a minor, attempted murder, black mailing, bribery, conspiracy, covering up a crime, drug abuse, endangering lifes of minors and adults, and drug trafficking. Apparently Phil and Renee's minor league baseball travels were really just them getting high and assaulting people.

Bella was a part of that life for a while, but sucked at covering her tracks. So Renee shipped her off to Charlie's who was none the wiser and continued her lifestyle as a drug dealer while her husband kidnapped, raped, and murdered other little girls. Bella was classified as criminally insane and locked away somewhere in Oregon while Renee got locked up in a prison in Florida.

I was there with my parents to watch Phil get the needle. My last thoughts to him were 'I survived, I won' he said that he'd see me when I died so he could finish what he started with me.

Apparently Renee new about his 'hobbies' when she married him and was covering for him. He never had any interest in Bella in part because of her appearance and behavior and also because Renee told him to stay away from her. Renee told him that if he wanted a toy that he could have me. I felt guilty for not coming forward in my experiences with Phil, maybe I could've prevented those other girls' horrifying demise.

But I stupidly believed him when he said that I was his 'first and only' and that he'd never be able to 'love' someone else like how he 'loved' me. I feel so stupid and ashamed. I felt physically ill after hearing everything that he did. I stayed in my room for days without food or water until mom coaxed me into little space. My parents reassured me that none of it was my fault, that Phil's actions weren't mine and that he did long before he met me.

'He just started murdering after me' I couldn't help but think bitterly.

It was all over now, though, Charlie hesitantly asked Cora from the diner out and they were planning on moving in together. Now it was time for me to go home, but the thing is........... I don't want to leave just yet because.......

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I've fallen in love with Edward Cullen and Jasper Hale.