Chapter 9

***

Ximena laid in bed all morning. Nothing but her and her thoughts were present. The whole idea of having a fake marriage made her question it all. She had serious doubts about it, but her lustful side opposed.

A knock at the front of the door interrupted her thinking. She slowly rose from her bed and walks towards the door and turns the doorknob towards the side and she opens the door. Xiumin stood there captivating as always.

Everything about this man is perfect. Her inner demons wanted to bounce on him. She told herself to not fall into such a dangerous temptation that could suck in her into an endless hole. Ximena steps aside and Xiumin walks in. She shuts the door and walks towards him.

"What brings you buy here?" She asks him.

"Sit on the bed. I have something to give you." He says.

"Huh?"

"Just trust me." He says.

Ximena sits on the bed and he sits next to her. Her thoughts and heart were racing at this moment. Xiumin pulls out a small box and Ximena was extremely curious to know what was in it.

"What's in that?" She asks.

"I'll show you." He says.

He sighs deeply.

"A few hour ago I went to the jewelry shop and got us this." Xiumin slowly opens the small rectangular box and reveals 2 rings.

"Are those couple rings?" She points at them.

He nods.

"Sooner or later my mother is going to ask about the rings. So, I got them before she could say a thing." He says.

"They look so beautiful. They must of been a fortune." Ximena admires the rings.

"They were. Which why I ask you to take care of it. I know they're simple and all but it's the thought that counts." He says as he pulls out her ring.

Ximena smiles at his worlds.

"Give me your hand." He says.

Ximena gives him her hand and he gently inserts the ring in her finger. Ximena was tingling the entire time at his touch.

"It fits like a glove." She looks at her hand and Xiumin rolls his eyes.

"Glad you liked it." He says.

"Like it?! I freaking love it!" She smiles.

"You really like plain and simple stuff?" He asks and Ximena nods.

"I love it. Sometimes I want to wear simple and normal clothes but that doesn't exist in the movie industry. Everyone will tell me that I'll be judged for wearing that kind of stuff but I don't care what people think about me. Why are they so worried about others when they should just focus on themselves?" She sighs.

Xiumin was a bit more impressed with her wording.

"But ever since I went on hiatus, I've expressed myself more without being judged and it honestly feels nice." She says.