30

as the eight of them sat at one of the outside lunch tables, they watched jin, jungkook, and lisa screamed their heads off at the one ride with the boat that swung back and forth.

"hey which ride should we go on next?" hoseok asked, munching on his corndog.

they had already went to ride bumper cars, made jungkook ride a mechanical bull, and forced taehyung and jisoo into the tunnel of love. (where they both sat awkwardly, thankful that it was dark enough that the other wouldn't see their cherry red face, not even daring to look at each other. when they got out all their friends smirked and clapped for them, absolutely oblivious to the truth, except for the three other girls, anyway.)

"mm- what about that one?" chaeyoung pointed to the spinny looking one that lit up. jennies eyes widened as she thought about her motion sickness. "how 'bout that one instead?" she pointed to the merry-go-round with a sickly sweet smile on her face.

without her noticing, taehyung crept up right beside her ear and whispered, "you wanna go on the ferris wheel? just us?" with a sincere look on his face. jisoo couldn't tell if he was joking at first before replying.

"but we're both afraid of heights," she laughed. taehyung shrugged with a pout on his face. "let's just look at the view instead of looking down." he offered, and with that jisoo nodded.

after finishing their snacks, they all split up since none of them could agree on the next ride. lisa and jungkook went on the log flume, hoseok and jin went on the starship while yoongi, namjoon, chaeyoung and jennie went on the carousel.

the boys whistled and smirked when they saw jisoo and taehyung head off to the ferris wheel on their own. taehyung simply rolled his eyes at them and waved them off.

when they hopped into the little pod, sitting across from one another instead of next to, they instantly started ascending. taehyung watched with wide eyes as the ground got farther and farther away from them and jisoo just closed her eyes, trying not to freak out.

"hey," she felt taehyung grab hold of her arm. "look, it's over. we're not moving." he told her and when they looked around, they could see all of seoul's city lights. like little fireflies lighting up the dark. it was gorgeous.

"pretty." jisoo whispered. and when she felt taehyung grow quiet next to her, she risked a glance back and saw how quickly he shifted his eyes away from her. taehyung willed his ears and cheeks not to turn red. he hopes his own body didn't fail him.

"hey," she said softly, making him turn to her. and them the ride suddenly started to move down. "shit," a look of panic quickly floods over the senior class president's face, like she was about to cry or scream or both.

"it's okay," taehyung tried to sooth though he was just as scared as her, if not more probably.

jisoo looked at him and saw how hard he was trying to reassure her. suddenly, taehyung was looking at her too and everything didn't seem so fake anymore. they were both staring right through each other.

"jisoo, i-" he gulped, and before they knew it, it was like their faces had magnets on them and they kept being pulled together. closer, and closer, and closer. eventually they were close enough that jisoo could see all the beauty marks on his face and taehyung could count all of jisoo's eyelashes. the boy let out a breath from his nose, which jisoo could feel before she closed her eyes for the second time during the ride, not thinking of her impending doom this time. she closed her eyes and waited for her fake boyfriend to close the gap between them. but that never came.

"gross, can you two get off? ride's over." a voice in the background broke through and if they were having a moment, it was now over. (was that even considered a moment? jisoo doesn't think so since nothing even happened.) immediately, they jolt away from each other, like the were burned, eyes wide open, completely opposite of just a few seconds before.

they quickly whipped their heads to the teenage fair worker after springing apart. "sorry," they both said and shuffled out the ferris wheel.

"we should go-"

"let's try to find-"

they laugh, ignoring both their blush painted cheeks and moving on to find their group.

later on, taehyung plays for a stuffed bunny once jisoo spoke up, telling everyone she wanted one. unfortunately, he wasn't the best at games and had the girl in question play the winning hand for him. once they walked away from the booth, he told her, "don't tell anybody you won that for yourself."

she giggles. "i'll tell them you got it for me!"

"that's right!" he cheers, holding his thumbs up to show his approval.

on the walk home, jisoo holds on to the stuffed toy tight while taehyung holds on to the memories of their fun night together. (he doesn't know it but, his heart hopes it was a moment.)

SPEAKING:
who is ur fave blackpink ship? just curious🤓