49

all the boys and two girls were playing chicken fight in the pool. the teams being: jungkook and yoongi, namjoon and hobi, jin and rosie, and jimin and lisa. meanwhile, taehyung went to get them some drinks. jisoo and jennie sat by one of the lounge chairs chatting.

"here, you go babe." taehyung says from behind her, offering her a chocolate milk. she takes it with no hesitation. "thanks, hon." she throws him a quick smile before returning to her conversation.

after taehyung put the filled cooler down, he hops into the pool wanting to play chicken too, before realizing he doesnt have a partner. he puts his elbows over the edge, crossing his arms and calls out to one girl.

"jisooyah! hop on my shoulders!" he hates to interrupt their talk but he wanted in on the fun. jisoo's face crunches in confusion.

"why?"

"i need a partner for chicken. please." he pouts.

"jennie can play. i can't swim, you know." she answers. she looks at jennie, who purses her lips and shakes her head. jisoo rolls her eyes and sighs.

"but i want you to be my partner." taehyung pleads.

"do i have to?" she groans, really not wanting to get wet so late in the night. taehyung smiles, knowing he's got her hooked. less than a minute later, jisoo is grabbing onto his shoulders and pushing herself up. if jisoo was being honest, seeing him like that, his adonis-like muscles all wet and the perfect cherry-on-top pendant necklace sitting perfectly between his pecs, she couldn't deny his offer.

taehyung grabs her unclothed thighs and feels himself heat up. "this okay?" he wants to make sure, looking up at her. jisoo chuckles, messing up his already wet hair. "shut up. let's just play."

turns out, the two made a pretty good team because they won against both lisa and rosie. surprisingly, they beat hobi too but once she had to wrestle yoongi, it was over. jungkook was too competitive to face losing.

once jisoo flopped onto the water, taehyung picked her up again, knowing she didn't want to get wet. "sorry we lost. now you have to stay cold and soggy." he apologized, watching her walk out the pool. taehyung tried his best not to look at her silky legs, or anywhere else for that matter.

jisoo smiled. "it's okay, we make a pretty good team."

•••

about an hour later, after the boys' fingers were way too wrinkly from playing, long after the girls went inside to take showers and get dry, that everyone was finally out of the pool.

they got takeout after and ate around the tv, watching funny cartoons and laughing all at the same time. everyone started getting ready for bed a while after that.

taehyung was on his phone in the couch, his decided place for the night, when jisoo came from upstairs with pillows and the softest blanket she could find. the boy was shirtless, because that's how he preferred to sleep, without a care in the world.

"here," she offered. "i brought you two pillows since you like to hug one, right?" taehyung smiled, nodding. "thanks." he set up the pillows and laid down, getting comfy while holding the blankets by his lap.

"thank you for today." she told him, picking up some of the mess they made in the living room earlier.

"you had fun?" he chuckled.

"yeah, i always have fun with you." jisoo said shyly.

"yeah, i can tell." he joked, lightly hitting her with the pillow. jisoo's mouth formed a line and took the pillow, hitting him back.

not wanting their little play fight to escalate, taehyung held his hand out in defeat. "alright, alright. truce?" jisoo pretends to think on it. "truce." she puts her hand in his.

when she does, taehyung pulls her closer to where he is and suddenly jisoo is sitting on the couch by his waist. the boy has a hazy look in his face since he drank a while ago. his smirk is just a hint of serious and mischievous. jisoo's heart stops at the thought that he might kiss her, but excited, too. but before either of them can make any further moves, jennie yells from upstairs and the moment is ruined.

"unnie, which side of the bed do you want?!"

the breath jisoo was holding hitched. and taehyung's face fell. their small instance was gone and it wouldn't make any difference to wonder 'what if'.

as soon as taehyung was comfortable jisoo ran upstairs and into her covers, shutting her eyes immediately, wanting to just fall asleep and not dwell on what could have been.