Do you plan to torment me?

It was a monochrome afternoon, the former discussions were peaceful and regrettably uneventful until math came, bringing about a few outright groans.

It was unusual for a first day to have official lessons.

In most cases, it's just a simple introduction and adapting yourself to a new environment but even as Ultimates which are modernly considered to be above all and the future, were not spared by a convoluted study of mathematics.

Almost everyone had opened their ears, preparing themselves for an impending questionnaire, our protagonist however was showing an impassioned interest in the view outside.

The subject of his eyes was a murder of crows resting on the tree branches.

It was an odd sight for him, his life was peculiar as it is but not to the extent that a bird which is associated with death is seen in a glorious place.

One in particular is staring right at him, he smiled.

It was a smile that carries turbulent emotions, ranging from amusement to bitterness and ending at involuntary acceptance.

Crows, huh? Too bad, they arrived later than expected. They should have been with me back then where death is constantly around but I guess even them knows how undeserving it is to be with a filth.

His smile was blinding that it didn't sit right to the teacher. The radiant air that surrounds him overlaps with his real mood.

It gave rise to a grave misunderstanding that immediately took place in her words as she spoke of Nagito's inattention, "Komaeda, is there something outside that is more fun than my subject?"

With that said, everyone turned their heads his way but the latter was oblivious.

Nagito, whose time was devoted to observing "worthy" people, hibernated with memories of late predicament as his pillow.

"Jeez, I'm faced with another hideous view, he's even more ugly than that snot nurse!"

It was yet the same snickering remark from the cruel kimono-wearing girl.
She insulted as if she couldn't care less about a possible detention which would equal another strike, at that rate, she would be here for a very long time.

Chiaki's forehead pulsated, as if a trigger, her eyes lifted.

Hiyoko spoke ill which could lower Nagito's self-esteem even more, it was already difficult to make him acknowledge his importance but Hiyoko would just demolish it with her callous words?

She was tongue-tied for a moment but her blazing eyes were unable to hide her exasperation.

Her hands trembled, she lost control of the game and once again, it showed her loss. Chiaki put the game console aside and breathed in all the courage she could muster, "Don't you think your remark is completely uncalled for?"

There was a slight disturbance in Hiyoko's hubristic voice, she was stunned by a seemingly self-effacing Ultimate. "W-what do you mean? I just said the truth, nothing bad about that, r-right?! And... what's it to you, anyway?! I also didn't ask for you to speak up, you're unneeded too!"

Chiaki has no inhibitions announcing Hiyoko's shabby speech that was typically overlooked.

It was disregarded earlier by these Couldn't-Care-Less Classmates, even the teacher was unlikely to meddle so why now? Don't tell me... a change of heart? How ridiculous!

Hiyoko's gold eyes gazed upon the focal point of her annoyance, he was unnaturally pale to the point where he resembled the undead.

That unsightly complexion substantiates the truthfulness of her comment. "Or is it because of this sickly bastard?"