Sixteen - (edited)

"Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right"

"You look...great." Draco grins at me as I sit at the breakfast table the next morning. Iris giggles at his comment, staring at the complete mess of a best friend she has in front of her. On the other hand, I roll my eyes at the two of them while grabbing any possible food on my plate and bringing it to my mouth. I am too tired to sit at this table, and I can not remember how I ended up here. But I did, and in some way, I regret not staying in my bed forever.

"Why are you in such a bad mood, Ro?" Draco asks before taking a sip of his coffee. Oh my, I really need coffee right now. I look around the table, not seeing the black/brown drink I love so much I would sell my organs for it.

"I am hungover. Do I have to say anything else?" They both turn quiet, and I enjoy my breakfast in peace for as long as possible. Yesterday was a mess. Sadly, I remember every single part of this mess, especially the one part where the brown-haired, scarred boy pushed me against the wall with his lips all over me. Like life wasn't enough, I also got a letter from my father, saying I had to show up at the manor today. The whole drama at Hogwarts has made me forget about the real-life problems that can actually put my life in danger or, even worse, Azkaban.

"Did you get a letter from your father this morning?" I ask Draco, trying to stay as quiet as possible so that others do not bring attention to our conversation. Thankfully, no one else is at our table, probably all sleeping or eating hours ago.

"Yeah, about that...." He stares at Iris, and I realise the day that couldn't get so much worse is beginning to have another turn.

"You have to apparate there with Riddle. I am going somewhere with my mother." Perfect, just perfect. I shove a full cup of coffee down my throat, wishing it was stronger than coffee beans.

"Why are you going with her? Can't I come with the two of you?" He sighs, shaking his head.

"Rosie, it has to do with you know what. Just go with him and pretend that it's me. Okay?" I sigh and nod slowly.

"Where did you go yesterday, by the way? I tried to find you at the party." I tried to find Iris after my big mistake, but she was nowhere to be found. And once I returned to our dorm, she wasn't there either. Not until I woke up this morning and saw her in bed. Iris looks at me with nerves in her eyes; she is hiding something from me.

"Oh, me? I had a headache and went to sleep early. I am sorry I didnt let you know." She forces a smile and sucks in her lower lip. Oh she is lying to me. She was nowhere close to being asleep once I returned to the room so where did she take a nap? Bathroom floor? She is lying to me, and I can't believe it.

"Right," I fake a smile before turning to my other best friend.

"What about you? None of you were there at the end." The only good thing about not being there is that they do not know about Mattheo and me. No one will bring it up, and I can pretend it never happened.

"I was there. I guess you just didnt see me." I nod, another lie. My best friends lie to me, and I don't understand why. But I won't bring it up until they tell me about it.

"Well, I guess I have to find Riddle. I will see you both later then." As I fake a smile, I look over my shoulder to find the two best friends talking, smiling. No matter how I will find out what it is, something is going on.

"Watch it," a cold, hard chest hits my head as I walk through the corridor, and my somehow invisible body slips to the floor. The voice is familiar, and I dont know what's worse. It was him or me falling to the floor.

"Great, it's you." Theo rolls his eyes, looking uncomfortable as his friends walk by us.

"A little help?" He reached out his hand to help me, and I accepted his help for once.