Chapter 22

EXPLICIT AND GRAPHIC DO NOT READ IF YOU SENITIVE TO ANY TYPE OF GORE OR GRAPHICAL DETAIL

Noah's POV:

THEO I'M COMING! I shouted through the mind link but after that there was silence after that, he sounded weak and hurt, Shadow keeps whimpering knowing our mate was hurt. My pace was more like sprinting, knowing that my Theo was close, and I could finally have him in my arms again. "Alpha, you need to slow down a bit, save you energy" Axel stated. "I can't, knowing that Theo is in there hurt and by what Josh has told me, he's a fucking psycho and could potentially kill my mate, you future Luna Axel!" I was catching my breath from that, and it wasn't good that my heart was beating so fast, I'm scared, worried and my mind is thinking of what could happen if my beloved Theo died today, a mateless alpha... lost his mate and future. I can't risk on losing him and not giving him my pups.

As I got closer, the smell of blood was getting stronger making my blood boil more and more with each step of my paws on the ash that were once leaves, twigs and trees. I saw bent and smashed buildings that were made out of tiles, stone, and wooden doors. As we got further my urge to lunge and bound towards the smell of blood grew more and more and my own blood kept bubbling inside me, I could feel Theo's mate link pull me towards him. It's been too long without him in my arms and I'm not losing him today. As I reached the centre of the area, the area looked like it's been here for years, the paths were made of stone and wood was tarnished by the black and ash that was once the walls of houses and the roofs with holes scattered around them, the doors ripped off their hinges. And the trees that looks like where in the centre have been splintered and cut down.

"What should we do Alpha?" one of the wolves asked

"I- I don't know..." I couldn't lie to them I felt conflicted. "Let's rest for now while we think of a plan" Axel stated. We all agreed, it has been a long while since we rested, we were constantly making haste to find Theo. Now we need all the rest we can get, especially when we have to go against someone who we are unknown to plus they're unknown to us. The sun is slowly setting and I've been trying to contact Theo with no luck, its like his link is being cut off or is he dead? No then I would feel it, he's not dead. Asleep? Possibility. Magic. Possibility as well. There's no correct answer and its driving me fucking insane. Axel get your ass here now he was there two seconds later "You need to relax Noah; this is affecting you the worst"

"You would be the same if your mate was held hostage and could be killed by some crazy fucker" I retorted.

"touché, but we need to make a plan as soon as possible, Theo's life is on the line"

"You don't think I fucking know that!?" I shouted as a whisper. "My love could be hurt, dying and I don't know what the fuck is going on and I'm going to pound my way into that building and fucking kill him for hurting my mate"

"Noah, you need to breath cause you need to focus" I realised that my claws were slowly getting closer to Axels neck so I sat down and huffed. "I understand your anger Noah but we need to be smart. We can't rush in; he may have Theo with his claws around his throat-"

"Not helping"

"Right sorry" and silence fell around us. This left me to think and try and find out ways to get into that house until I smelt something. It wasn't blood, it wasn't Theo but an unfamiliar smell but it was powerful, and I'm not talking about the smell, I'm saying their power that they possess. As I looked, there was a girl in the window, she looked like she's been beaten and scratched, I wonder...

I kept a close eye on her until she stepped outside and headed away from the house when the lights were all off and stated walking towards the centre and then stopped and looked straight towards me. Can she sense me? And she sat down on the floor not breaking eye contact with me. "I know your there Alpha of The Crescent Moon Pack, I mean you no harm, you have my word" she said in a calm monotone voice.

"How can I trust you, you're probably working with him"

"I had a feeling you would say that" she said with a small smile.

"what do you mean?"

"Well your mate Theo is in good hands when I'm around, making sure he doesn't bleed out or die. Afterall his father was the one who saved my life all those years ago"

"what?"

"Well, when I was a little girl, I was just a rogue like Theo but... different"

"Different how?"

"Well if you let me finish I shall tell you" She said making me smile as she rolls her eyes, folding her arms.

"well as I was saying before you Rudely interrupted... I was a rogue but I'm not really a wolf, I'm a witch. Theo's father took me in and the elder took a liking to me straight away saying that I'm useful, I didn't know what for at the time."

"Your saying that the elder took you in?" she nodded "Well carry on, you have roped an Alpha into curiosity"

"Wow I'm flattered" Sarcasm dripping from her words. "well the elder taught me the position of the elder, how to protect the pack, show when an alphas mate will be revealed and a lot of other pieces of knowledge but because I'm a witch, he also taught me how to use my powers to protect the pack and making sure not to hurt myself... luckily Theo's uncle hasn't figured that out however, he knows I'm the elder."

"How comes you're not dead"

"My purpose was to protect the pack and the leaders family, including Theo"

"can you hurt his Uncle?"

"Jay? No I can't but I can protect you"

"I think I've just got a plan on how to save Theo, you in?"

"Absolutely"