- ships outside of the group part one!

ma-ri being shipped with other idols or celebrities!
[ most popular! ]

ma-ri being shipped with other idols or celebrities![ most popular! ]

JUNGLE!
[ mark + ma-ri! ]

JUNGLE![ mark + ma-ri! ]

met

met... mid 2013.
relationship... tiger cubs.

unsurprisingly, the two met because they were both were apart of sm rookies during their pre-debut days. since it was uncertain whether or not ma-ri would be joining red-velvet's debut line-up, she was often apart of projects involving the sm rookies. mark, who wasn't the best at korean when he first came to korea, was having a bit of trouble communicating with other trainees due to the language barrier. ma-ri, who knew what that was like, would often act as his translator when it came to interacting with other members. she also gave him a sense of familiarity as she had a similar canadian accent as him when she spoke either language. despite ma-ri only being a year older than him, he still referred to her as noona, regardless of her complaints. they were usually together during sm trainee moments and formed a solid friendship before she began to do less stuff for sm rookies and more stuff for red velvet.

after mark's debut, their friendship was quickly shoved into the spotlight after ma-ri publicly congratulated mark on his debut and told fans to support him like they do her. their friendship would often come up in interviews as they would ask her if she was familiar with him. there have been many times where the two have been spotted out in public together causing fans to speculate the nature of their relationship. the two were called "sm's tiger cubs" as they both had the representative emoji of a tiger. there are many fan edits and compilations of the two, some saying that they have 'sibling behavior' or that they had the ideal best friend behavior. mark calls her noona despite them being close in age and iris says his name endearingly when she speak of him. they have been on variety shows and collab stages together, producing some of the most iconic moments in 3rd generation sm groups. mark and ma-ri like to talk when they're alone. there's never just one topic or mood for the conversation as they always have so much to say when they see each other. ma-ri would never tell mark but he was her favorite amongst the members of nct.