Chapter Six.

Oops. I know it's been two months since I've updated this, but I did loose inspiration and motivation for it; I'm not sure why, but I seem to have gotten it back. Let's hope it lasts! 

Thanks to those who are still reading this! 

Enjoy and pretty please comment your thoughts.

C H A P T E R  S I X

My shoes slapped harshly against the ground as I ran; my lungs were screaming for more air and my hair mercilessly obscured my vision, having loosened from the braid I had done this morning, causing me to constantly push it out of my face. My school bag was bouncing up and down as I bolted down the quiet hallways and since I had my Biology textbook in there, my back began to ache as it slammed against my tailbone.

I chanced a look behind me to find that Theo was still hot on my heels. Cursing under my breath, I didn’t hesitate as I flung the doors open, running toward the back oval.

Dammit!

In my haste to escape Theo, I had just run whichever way seemed easiest and now, I had put myself in a bad position. The only way out of the oval section of the school was through the same doors I had just run through, as all other corners had been fenced off. 

I heard a cynical laugh from behind me. 

“Give it up Amira!” 

I was breathing harshly now, wiping at the perspiration on my forehead. I looked left and right, as if to find a way out, although I knew there was none. Running down the sloped hill, I was just about to try and turn my way back around, when my shoe caught on a jagged rock. With a yelp, I fell down, automatically drawing my hands out to prevent serious injury. To my horror, I began to roll down the rest of the hill, unable to halt myself and with nothing to grasp on to. 

As soon as I came to a stop, tumbling into the fence, I felt two arms latch themselves onto my waist and haul me up, slamming me into the metal behind.

I winced and bit my lip, trying not to emit a scream as another wave of pain ran down my back. I took in one large breath, before thrashing and kicking, trying to get Theo’s dirty hands off of me. Within seconds, he had grabbed both my wrists and pinned them to my side, using his powerful legs to still my lower body.

“Who do you think you are huh? You think you can play me?” he spat. 

I looked into his dark eyes, trying to find a semblance of his humanity. 

All I saw was hate. Hate and greed and something that was strikingly alien and barbaric. 

I had managed to get him suspended for three days and this, it seemed, was my punishment. As soon as school ended, he had rounded on me like a predator and his eyes had dared me to run from him. When everyone had filtered out of the school, I had done exactly that and now, I had found myself in this position.