Chapter Seven.

C H A P T E R     S E V E N

"Why can't you just do the right thing for once?!" I continued to circle the the new car that baba had bought for me and when I spotted no other dents or scratches, I moved back to the one large dent that now rested upon the rear. 

"I'm sorry Amira, it was an accident!" Wael exclaimed, running a hand through his wind-blown hair and dishevelling it further.

"It's not that bad," Saleh added, prodding at the dent with his fingers. 

"Not that bad?" I sputtered, staring at him incredulously. "It's the size of a meteorite!" 

"Now you're just exaggerating," Saleh said dryly and I glared at him. 

"I told you," I said slowly, lifting one finger, "the both of you, not to take it out. But noooo, you just had to teach Wael how to drive with my new car!" I huffed, clenching my fists.

"We only went down the street!" Wael mumbled, staring at the dent with a frown. 

"Yeah, and look what happened! How did it happen anyway?" I sighed tiredly and massaged my neck. Wael looked at Saleh in question and he in return sent him a 'don't you dare tell her look.'  "Tell me!" I ordered and Wael winced. 

He exhaled through his nose. "Saleh was teaching me how to reverse park and he was the one that was supposed to tell me when to stop reversing. I went a little too far and hit a pole..." He looked at Saleh in caution and fear, probably because he had warned him not to tell me. "I hit the pole because Saleh was on his phone and didn't tell me when I should stop," he finished, looking at the floor. 

I turned to my older brother. "You were on the phone?" I asked slowly.

He wasn't looking at me. "Yes."

"Why?"

"Because, I had to send an urgent message."

"To who?" I interrogated, getting suspicious. 

I could tell his patience was wearing thin and he began to rock on the heels of his feet and scratch his face. "It's none of your business Amira."

"It is my business when I distinctly told you not to take my car out - not that you listened - and on top of that, you weren't even supervising him properly!" I exclaimed in outrage, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Stop yelling!" he cried, clutching his head. 

"Mum and dad are going to kill us when they get back!" 

"Stop!" 

"Do you understand what you did wrong?" I emphasised, trying to be calm. 

"Yes! I'm not a child anymore, so stop treating me like one!" He slammed the driver's car door shut, it having been opened this whole time and then turned to me angrily. "Jeez, what crawled up your ass and died today?!" 

"..."

My mouth dropped and my eyes widened. I actually had to pinch myself to make sure that this was reality and not some messed up dream where my older brother, Saleh, the one who never speaks an ill word to anyone, just said that. 

I could feel Wael next to me staring at him in equal horror and we both stood there like gaping fish, not really knowing how to react to this new aspect of Saleh's personality. Had I really pushed him too far? Was I really treating him like a child? I wasn't sure, but what I was sure about was that this kind of behaviour from him is not normal.