chapter ten | flying

LEONA MONTGOMERY

I should go on vacation soon. Ironic since I'm on a plane as we speak.

I haven't gone away in a long time but I want to. Maybe I'll go out to Alaska for a little while. Yeah, because that makes sense. Leave one cold city and go to another.

I shake my head. I should focus on today first. It's been a while since I have been to a hockey game so I'm pretty excited about this.

We step off the plane and its early morning. I got to sleep for a bunch of hours on the plane so I probably won't sleep again until tonight.

Garrett had asked me to just stay with him in his hotel room, and I agreed. It's not a big deal and we have fallen asleep together on my couch before.

We are up in the hotel room now. He has to be at the arena in a little while for training but I don't have to be there until later, so me and Kayla are going to find something to do while we are here.

"I'll see you at my game, okay?" Garrett asks me and presses a kiss to my forehead.

He hasn't kissed me yet. I don't know why.

I totally haven't googled him, but if I did I'm sure it would say that he's slept around. Ignoring that, the reason for this isn't because I don't trust him, because he seems like such a sweet soul in the time I've been getting to know him. It's that if he has slept around so much why isn't he willing to simply kiss me?

Technically I could kiss him, but I'm way too awkward for that. Whatever, I'll just have to wait for him to kiss me first.

I kiss him on the cheek as he walks out of the room with his bags in his hands.

Kayla and Austin's room is a few doors down ours, so I'll just head over there.

I get dressed in my outfit for the day and grab a purse, putting my phone, keys, and wallet in it.

I walk down to her hotel room door and knock on it. A guy that is definitely not Austin opens the door. "Can I help you?" He looks a bit confused, which is fair and there is an older woman towards the back of the room.

He also looks older, and I recognize him as one of the guys on the team. I'm pretty sure this is Ryder.

At least he knows who I am because of that time I was at the rink for speed skating.

"Sorry, wrong door. Do you know which room Austin and Kayla are in? I'm looking for her and she said this was her room," I tell him.

"Yeah. Kayla is right there." He says and points his hand across the hall to the other door.

"Thanks," I smile in appreciation and walk to her door. "Coming!" She tells me when I knock on it. She opens the door holding a happy-looking Sabrina.

"How old are babies when they start to crawl?" I curiously ask, figuring if anyone knows the answer to this it would be her.

"It depends. It can be anywhere from six months to when they are a year old." She tells me and I nod.

I know I'm not a baby person, and that kids pop out knowing absolutely nothing but I feel like they should be able to crawl sooner than that.

She lays the baby down in the middle of the huge bed and stretches her arms.

"What should we do for a few hours?" She questions. I've been to Ontario before, but not in many years. That makes me feel old. "I'm dying for some frozen yogurt. We should find a place." I say and her face practically brightens up at that.