Stained coffee

Original date published: 2022-04-20
Edited date: 2022-05-02 and 2022-05-09

I hope you enjoy the chapter. It's a little short :/

We get introduced to the MC and find out how he got reincarnated.

"talking"

'Thinking'

Text/msg/emails
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~3rd POV~

It was a sunny and beautiful morning, neither too hot nor too cold. It was perfect. Thought a man that was going to his workplace.

He was in a hurry, but the passersby that saw him wouldn't think he was hurrying to get anywhere...

------------------------

7:36 am

*Bzzzzzt*

*Bzzzzzt*

*Bzzzzzt*

'It's so early, who could be calling me?' He sleepily took the phone from the top of the counter that was by his bed, and without looking at the caller ID he answered the phone.

"Hello?" He said sleepily.

"Reign" The person on the phone says as a greeting.

After hearing his boss's voice on the other end of the phone Reign immediately wakes up and addresses his boss more politely.

"Good morning Mr.Benn what can I do for you?" he says fully awake now.

"I need you to come in today, it's an emergency. The company got scammed and I need all the employees to be in the building." Benn said in a stern voice.

"I'll be there as soon as possible sir." Reign answered politely.

"Make sure that you do." Mr.Benn said and hung up.

"Why doesn't he deal with his problems himself?' Reign thinks bitterly to himself.

"I guess I have to get up" he says tiredly.

Reign climbs out of the bed and goes to the closet and picks out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

After he's dressed he goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth and looks at himself in the mirror.

'He finally found my surprise' He smirks to himself in the mirror. 'took him a long time to find my surprise, but that's only more beneficial to me'

He walks to the front door and checks the time, it reads 8:13. 'I should go to the company to not seem suspicious' He opens the door and walks out.

...

Reign starts walking to the Cosmos cosmetics Inc. While walking he stumbles upon a coffee shop that he had always wanted to go to, but never had the chance to. 'eh, screw it. It's not like I will help them fix the problem anyways' He heads to the coffee shop.

While walking to the coffee shop he spots a cat and instantly melts at the sight. 'Awww I wish I could adopt a cat'. But he doesn't stop to pet it, he knows that strays get easily scared off if someone approached them so he carries on.

He opens the coffee shop's door and steps inside. The coffee shop looks like any other coffee shop in this town, modern and very uncomfortable to sit in without feeling like you're in a hospital. All in all, it's a very uncomfortable place that no one would want to stay in.

He goes and stands in a line. The line has two other people waiting in it. The one in the front has some kind of weird mustache and the other person in front of him has an ugly hat on, it is so ugly that if there was an ugly hat contest happening and he would join he would win it.