M.M.

{hi guys, it's been a while. I just realized this chapter has been in my drafts for more than a year so I thought I would upload it. I'm not sure if anyone is still reading, but if you are, enjoy!} 

Sherlock is practically running up the stairs, taking the steps two at a time. Multiple possibilities going through his mind. He already anticipated that she would be blond, a few years younger than John, has cats, bakes her own bread, is an only child and just is overall boring.

Meanwhile John is struggling just getting up the stairs. He always had trouble following the man. He blames it on the height difference and the fact that John his physical abilities drastically went down since he quit the army. Even stakeouts with Sherlock couldn't help prevent that. It was easy, letting Sherlock do all the running.

"John." Sherlock called from the top of the steps.

"Slow down you git." he replied, quite out of breath already.

He looked up and saw the taller man standing at the top of the steps, looking to his left. This 'pose' reminds him of the first stakeout they ever went on together. John still had his cane and couldn't keep up with Sherlock running through the London streets. When he completely lost him he looked up at the tall buildings surrounding him. And there he was, on top of the building. A tall silhouette standing in the darkness, with the only light shining on him being the moonlight and some streetlights. It was just like a movie. That was also the first time he thought that Sherlock looked beautiful. Like a piece of fine art that would break if you touched it. But fine art wasn't made for touching anyway, that's one of the reasons John mostly kept his distance from him.

"You're getting slow, John." he said when he finally reached the top of the stairs.

John looked up in Sherlock's eyes. At this moment, he really wishes he could deduce as well as Sherlock can. It would be helpful to determine if he's still a flight risk or not. So he just tries his best to study his face. And for a moment John thought he saw a little nervousness on his face. The moment passed quickly and he frowned.

"Not the time for 'eyesex' John, let's go" he said while turning around and walking in the living room. He complied and followed.

In the living room, Mary is sitting comfortably on the couch with the bee book in her hand. She seems to be quite focused on it and doesn't make a move when we come in.

"Mary." Sherlock said calmly.

He walked over to where she was sitting and snatched the book out of her hands. He kept his cold gaze focused on her. She stands up and puts out her hand, offering a handshake.

"Sherlock, pleasure to meet you. John has t..."

"... yes yes. Let's skip the boring part." he said already annoyed.

Sherlock is still taking no action to shake her hand so Mary cautiously retrieves it.

"So, you are marrying John. Obvious. No... it's not. Mary... Mary... Mary...Morstan?"

"Sherlock... what are you doing?" John says walking over to Mary.

"MM. Mary Morstan. Yes!"

Sherlock turned around and put his bee book back into the book case.

"Why the bees?" Sherlock asked running his fingers over the book case.

"Seemed interesting."

"No. No. Seriously, tell me." he turns around once again and sits down in his chair.

Mary, still unfazed by Sherlock's rudeness, gives John a reassuring smile. A smile that says 'it's okay, let him.', but John will have none of that.

"Sherlock cut it out."

Sherlock puts his hands together and puts his fingers in front of his mouth. He called it 'his thinking position'. John is all too familiar with the position. He often spent hours, sometimes days in this exact position. But again, John is still having none of it. His patience clearly running low at this point. But before he can say anything Mary interjects.

"I saw the bee book and figured that it was yours. John would never read a book like that, he only reads cl..."

"Classics. Yes."

"But why so interested in me?" He asked.

"Sherlock! Not everything is about you!" John interjects.

"But it is." Sherlock said, jumping up and speeding out the door again.