Chapter 03: anniversary

Jungkook was getting ready for the day

Jungkook was getting ready for the day. He have showered and wore his clothes; a black T-shirt and blue ripped jeans, pairing it with simple white sneakers. He wasn't in mood of eating anything today since whatever that had happened in Namjoon's house yesterday was eating him alive. He decided that he will give Namjoon some space and let him go through his problems if he was. And then he will go and talk to him. Jungkook didn't know if he was being clingy. It's just that he genuinely liked Namjoon. And he thought that they will work out as a couple. Buy guess what? Namjoon didn't feel the same.

He came out of his room and found his mother standing in the living room, dressed in her white court.

"Jungkook, you're awake. I have already made your breakfast. It's on the counter. Eat it! I'm gonna head to the hospital." Ryujin murmured while she was typing something on her phone. She looked up at him at lack of response.

"What happened? Are you okay?" She asked. Jungkook just nodded his head with a forced smile on his face.

"Okay. So I'll go now. Dad already left if you're wondering. Take care, son. Love you," She came to give him a kiss on his forhead and smiled. Jungkook smiled back and nodded.

"Love you too." He said. Ryujin's phone rings. She picked it up and placed it on her ear and began walking towards the house door.

"Yes Mr Choi, I'm on the way. Yeah, you can start the surgery. I'll be there." She said on the person on the phone call while walking towards her car that was parked outside.

Jungkook eyed her back and sighed. He looked at the counter and saw the plate with food that her mother made. He wasn't about to eat but he also didn't want to say no to his mother. He ate his breakfast and washed his hands before leaving the house with his bagpack. Jimin have texted him to come and meet him in the locker room saying it's urgent. Jungkook frowned but walked towards the locker room anyways after he reached the university building. A bagpack hung on his shoulder as he walked towards the locker room.

"Jimin," Jungkook called looking at his friend who stood next to other students of their faculty. Jimin ran towards Jungkook and dragged him towards the lockers. "You're late! Come on, change already. We have to practice."

"Practice?" Jungkook frowned.

"Don't tell me you forgot, Jungkook. We have volleyball practice today." Jungkook's other friend, Yugyeom spoke from behind. He was already dressed in his jersey and shorts. "The match is gonna be on 15th. We still have days left. But we should start practicing from now on."

"Yugyeom is right. We're gonna win this time against those faculty of engeenering. I'm tired of loosing." Jimin said while rolling his eyes and getting his things out of the locker, shoving Jungkook's jersey in his hand. The boy sighed.

"Guys, is it important to start the practice today? Can we do this some other day please?" Jungkook nervously asked. He wasn't in the mood of doing anything right now.