Chapter 6

Basundhara was not feeling good from the morning. Perhaps she had caught a cold. She came back from the office to an empty home. Sidharth was not present like always. She drank some water, got under the covers and fell asleep. Her sleep got broken by the sound of the door opening. She peeped from under the blanket to find Sidharth entering the bedroom.

He didn't see her and went inside the washroom. A few minutes later he came out in a change of clothes. His eyes fell on the silhouette under the blanket. Finding it odd, he goes near the bed.
"Basundhara, are you alright?"
"Hmm.. no... I think.. I am having a fever."
He touched her forehead and pulled out his phone from his pocket.
"Doctor Uncle, Sidharth here.. can you please come down to the Penthouse.. I am fine, but Basundhara is not well."

After the doctor left, Sidharth came to her and sat beside her.
"Did you eat anything?"
"No."
"You have to then you can have the medicine. Let me get something for you."
Sidharth returned with a bowl of soup. He helped her sit and gave her the bowl to eat.
"Did you make that?"
"Yes. Why is it bad?"
She smiled, "No, it's good, I am surprised, you can cook."
He smiled back, "Yup, I can. Maybe not a proper meal but I can manage without one cook. I don't like people doing things for me. That's why I have learned to do things on my own. Eat and go to sleep."

Basundhara looked at him,
"Were you going somewhere?"
"Yes. Australian clients will leave tomorrow. So there's a party thrown in their honour."
"Oh! Then.. go. I will be alright.."
She said, lowering her face. A lone tear escaped her eye and she wiped it.
He cupped her face,
"What happened? Why are you crying? Are you feeling unwell? "
"No. Nothing.. just go."
"I am not going anywhere. You need me. I might not be a good husband but I am a good friend. Now finish that soup. I will be back after cleaning the kitchen. I have made a mess there. Masi will kill me when she comes in the morning."

Basundhara opened her eyes to find herself sleeping on the chest of her husband. He wrapped his arm around her, holding her close. She smiled thinking about the intimacy she was experiencing with him after a month of their marriage. He was never there with her since that night. She waited for him every night but he never stayed back. But today she had finally found him beside her. Just his presence was a boon for her. She slowly moved up and kissed him on the bare skin. That woke him up and he stared at her smiling face. He cupped her face and took her lips into his.

Kiss was tender at first but it got intense with time. As tongues met, she could feel her skin breaking into goosebumps. He broke the kiss and rolled over her. He was gentle, kissing her softly on her neck, trailing all the way to her collar bone. Her skin burnt where his lips touched. Her fingers fumbled to unbutton his shirt and soon she could lay her eyes on his well toned torso. She kissed him hard, pulling him closer. Lips met again as hands explored every part of the body. She had been waiting for this but he stopped.

"Basu, you aren't well. We must stop."
"No.. please Sid. Love to me tonight. Please."
Sidharth slipped the dress off her shoulders after unzipping from her back. He stared at her once and covered his mouth over her swells. She grabbed him, digging her nails into his bare backs. He relieved her of the barriers that prevented him from touching her. She closed her eyes, trying to grab onto the moment that was killing her and at the same time making her feel alive. She screamed his name as she reached the heights of ecstasy as his fingers played over her body, touching her insides. She never knew such exuberant feelings existed before. As he plunged inside her, she moaned his name again. She was losing all her senses, except for the fact that he is hers now. Only hers. As she laid on his chest, their bodies covered in sweat and legs entangled, she smiled. She had finally made him fall for her. Now their life was complete.