Chapter 15

Rahul touches the shoulder of Sidharth, "Where have you been lost? Ghar nahi jana kya?"
They are in Abhijit's office, discussing their new project. Abhijit had left to attend some party. Rahul and Sidharth were still there working.
"What are you thinking?"
Sidharth says, "Bhaskar Ganguly ne last mein googly dal di. That Naresh f*****g b*****. Kitne jhoot bole usne."
"Maybe he didn't lie."
Sidharth stares at him, "Do you believe Naresh?"
"Sid, there could be a possibility that the real Ratan Kumar was with him for a period of time. Who knows? That Ram could be Ratan. I just want to say that maybe the defense are using a fact against you. "

"If you can believe the theory, others will too."
"Sid, I didn't say that."
"What do you think will be the verdict? Will I lose the case?"
"Are you crazy? Sidharth Dewan doesn't lose."
"But Ratan Kumar can."
"So, you are saying you are Ratan Kumar."

Sidharth smiles, "You believe that, don't you? So, you tell me, kaun hun main?"
Rahul smiles back, "I have never doubted you. I know who you are. I have been with you since we were in school. I can't make any mistake in recognising you, my friend."
"Still, didn't you ever have second thoughts about my identity? Maybe now or the time when I returned back. Kabhi laga nahi ke shayad main Sidharth nahi par koi aur ho sakta hun? Like now after Naresh's story."
"Kyun lagega? I knew you were Sidharth the moment I saw you. I said Naresh could be telling the truth about Ratan. But I never said that you are him. Sid, I never had any doubts on you being anyone else. And honestly everyone including your step mother and her family knows you are Sidharth Dewan. They knew it on the day you came to the office. What you said there, made everyone believe you are back. How can I forget that day?"

Flashbacks.

A board meeting was going on in the main office of Dewan Groups where Dida, Raghunath Chatterjee, Nirupama, Saivi, Abhijit, Darshan, Rahul and Sidharth sat. After discussing the matters, Dida left and so did Nirupama. Sidharth wanted to leave but Saivi made him sit. Raghunath wanted to talk about one important project that Sidharth had started before he went missing.

Rahul said, "We need more funds to finish this project. We are going at a good pace and we can finish the construction before the stipulated time. But not with additional funds."
Raghunath looked at him and said, "That's the problem. We have exhausted the money allotted to us for the project. I don't think AK Groups aren't going to give us more."
Saivi asked, "Can't we talk to Mr. Adhir Kalyan? I am sure he will reconsider. It was him who asked for changed that made us spend more."
"He might but thing is he isn't here. He is on a vacation with his family abroad. He won't talk about business until he returns. That's his policy."
Darshan rolled his eyes, "Who does that? Now what to do?"
"We need to come up with a solution now."
Abhijit asks, "Can't we use our own money?"
Rahul replied, "Our money is all tied up in other projects. We can divert the money from one project and invest it into this. That would mean, stopping that specific project. So, ultimately we have to sacrifice one project for the other. It now up to you people to decide which one, if you go for this solution."

Darshan looked at everyone and said, "We can't do that for sure. It will look bad. I think we should stop this one till we talk to Adhir."
"That will delay the project. Is it the right thing to do? This one is a highly ambitious project."
Raghunath shook his head, "Exactly. Our reputation is at stake. This is a big project, we can't stop this now. We need to find some other way."
Darshan with an irritated voice said, "This is the reason why I was against this project. We were investing much more than time and money behind this. But then who would listen to me? Sidharth Jo bole wohi final hota hai na."
Saivi, equally frustrated then, said, "Why should we listen to you? Don't forget it was you for whom we lost a good amount of money and our reputation. Remember Mr CEO? Sidharth's decisions, his fore-thinking, has taken this organisation to a new height."