Holy Sword Excalibur

Izuku stepped into homeroom and stopped, staring at the single desk right infront of the teacher's one.

  He stepped forwards and sat down, looking around the barren classroom in slight disbelief. It still hadn't quite hit him that he'd survived Mr Aizawa's Purge.

  The moment the bell rang, Mr Aizawa rolled out from under the teacher's desk in his caterpillar form.

  "Midoriya. Get changed into your PE clothes and meet me in training hall C. It's the second one to the left of the main stairs. Hall A was.. closed.. by the third years." He said whilst emerging from his chrysalis as a scruffy middle aged man.

__

  Izuku looked around training hall C. There were weights and secured bars around the room, and several dark blue mats arranged in the middle of the floorspace. Mr Aizawa was standing beside them with a large bundle of something on the floor.

  "Midoriya. Over here. You're going to be working on solidifying your smoke constructs. I understand that you can create shapes and mimic objects appearances." He said.

  "Yes sir. It's easy to shape the smoke, but the more complex the design or the more objects there are the more difficult it is to solidify." Izuku replied.

  Aizawa nodded in understanding.

  "That's why you used your quirk for the ball throw and the grip test but not the sideways steps. Alright, you need to work on consistently solidifying one shape to a decent degree. Once you finish that you'll move on to two objects at once and so on. Then we'll move on to more complex shapes."

  Izuku pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking a few quick puffs to get the smoke in the air before leaving it wedged in the corner of his mouth.

  Aizawa pulled a long stick out of the bundle at his feet, holding it out towards Izuku. It looked like a fencepost without the sharp end to stick into the ground.

  "Focus on singular walls for now. Just block my 'attack'. Don't damage the stick. Got it?" He asked.

  Izuku nodded, raising his hands and forming a thick wall between himself and Aizawa.

  Thinner.. thinner.. thinner...

  Mr Aizawa thrust the wooden post forwards, smashing through the thick wall with the sound of shattering glass. The 'chunks' of smoke dissolved back into wispy clouds.

  "A good first attempt. Try again. Too thick and the entire structure is too weak. Too thin and there isn't any weight behind the wall."

  Izuku tried again. And again. And again. Every time Mr Aizawa smashed through the wall like it was nothing. They spent hours in the training room, doing that one thing over and over again.

  Eventually, Aizawa called the end of the session.

  "Alright, you've got English in 30 minutes. Take a shower, get something to eat and head back to the classroom. You did well today."

  Izuku sighed.

  "Did well? Every wall I put up got taken down in one hit by you." He said dejectedly.

  Aizawa raised an eyebrow.

  "Did Endeavour learn how to not burn his opponents to death in a matter of hours?" He asked.

  The greenette shook his head, picking up his bag.

  "Exactly. Skip homeroom tomorrow and come straight here once you're in your gym clothes. We'll get an extra half hour that way." Aizawa called as Izuku left.

  He glanced down at the tablet in his hands.

  First hit: 24.5N

  Final hit: 562.9N

  Aizawa grinned.

  "You'll be stopping full strength punches with those walls this time next week.. We'll be moving on to complex shapes sooner than I'd thought.."

______

  UA's curriculum was quite fun. The subjects were enjoyable, and the teachers (who were all Pro heroes) were all awesome.

  Apart from Aizawa's hell training.

  Every day, without fail, Izuku met him in one of the training halls, or testing grounds. They'd do some basic exercises, a lap or two around the main building, lift weights for maybe half an hour, then do hellish quirk training for several hours before English.

  They would do the same thing, day after day, hours on end. Izuku would put up a wall, and Aizawa would smash it down.

  Until one day, he brought in a robot.

  "Sir.. why is there a robot here?" Izuku asked.

  "Put up a shield between us and the robot and I'll show you." Aizawa said, hefting the wooden pole with the scuffed up end.

  Izuku put up a wall before glancing expectantly at his homeroom teacher. Aizawa just held the post like a bat and swung at the wall. To Izuku's shock, it bounced right off.

  "I don't possess the strength to break through your smoke walls anymore." He said simply.

  Izuku stared at the intact wall of black. He turned and stared at Aizawa. He turned back to the wall.

  "...what?" He croaked.

  The hero seemed smug.

  "Oh, didn't I tell you? I've been putting more and more strength into my attacks every session. Because you kept failing, you worked harder than the day before to do it right. Congratulations, you've created a near-impenetrable shield. So long as your opponent doesn't have a strength quirk. Or is a massive bodybuilder. Or is just really determined. Or has some kind of gas quirk like Midnight. Let's get started."

From then on, the hell training somehow got harder. More exercises in the morning, heavier weights, stronger robots, longer runs, increasing the total volume of smoke under his control.

  Izuku was loving it.