ELEVEN

Beauty they say is.....
Wait I can't remember the phrase but I'll get back to you later 😂

CHIDI

"Oh My God" My mouth was wide opened, I couldn't close it. When I opened that door, I saw a beautiful lady sitting down on her bed watching the television that was by the right side of the room.

She causally looked at me and said "Hey you are one of those people that packed in" which I replied 'yes to, then she asked what I was doing in her room. I explained to her what I heard from outside and what I thought it was then she burst into laughter. ( dear reader in my life I'm not sure I have ever been as embarrassed as I am now).

When finally stopped laughing, she told me it was the movie she was watching that made her scream that way.

She started another round of laughter (at this point my self esteem was at an all time low), then while still laughing she asked "What were you thinking, that I was a damsel in distress and you would come in save me and swoop me off my feet. Then we will fall in love and live happily ever after ( well excuse me for being a fan of romance but I feel silly now admiting that's what I thought would happen).

Another annoying thing is that her voice Was so soft, so feminine, so melodious I couldn't get angry with her instead all these things make me feel more embarrassed. She offered me to come join her and watch the movie but I quickly declined (Hey don't blame me, a brother can only take so much).

I quckily left dashed out of her room and went back to ours. I didn't even mind that I was pressed and that's why I went out in the first place. I quckily l laid down mat beside Chinedu and willed myself to sleep. I closer my eyes but the scene in the lady's house kept on replaying in my head who's name I just realized I didn't know or ask for. "Nawa oo which kind thing be this" I said to myself. The embarrassment was just to much, I just wished I'll wake up tomorrow morning and find out this was just all a bad dream.

Translation

"Nawa oo which kind thing be this"- Hmm what kind of thing is this?

***

Well I came to hustle and hustle I shall

EMEKA

"I feel really awkward staying in this compound. I can't believe Njideka is staying here and to make matters worse, she is married". I thought to myself.

I thought about all this while still lying on the mat Chidi and Chinedu still sleeping by my side. I stood up and went to my bag and took my tooth brush and paste which I kept by the side of my bag. I opened the door and looked outside. I was not prepared for any kind of surprises ( By this I mean I didn't want to meet the wrong people if you know what I mean).

I saw no one so I went to the side of the house where supposedly the bathroom and tap were. I got there and saw the exact person that I was avoiding.

There just infront of the tap stood Njideka talking to another woman. I walked to the tap and tried my best to avoid both of them but of course women will always be women. The other lady said "Ahah neighbour, neighbour welcome to our compound oo, how are you doing this morning". I quckily said " thank you and I'm fine while avoiding eye contact. " won't you greet Oga landlords wife" she said again. I looked around to see whom she was referring to before rememberring that Njideka was one of the landlord's wives. "Good morning" I said and walked away before she could reply if she wanted to. I walked back to our room and sat down