THIRTEEN

I was happy after my call to Sylvia. I knew my plan to escape poverty was still in place, even though she was angry at first when I called because we eloped.

After the call, I quickly took my body scrub and soap from my bag and went to shower.

When I was done, I wore my blue shirt and black jean which were the best clothes I owned (of course Sylvia got them for me). I took part of the money Sylvia gave me before we eloped, which I hid in a small compartment in my bag so that Emeka and Chidi won't find it. Then I was off to meet the lady who will change my life.

I went to a place called Lugbe junction, boarded a bus going to Garki as that's were Sylvia and her husband stayed. Then I had to wait for the bus to get full before the journey started.

After a 30 minute journey, I was back in Garki which I ran away from a couple of months ago. Now I had to go to find my way to Sylvia's house which wasn't really difficult because I had lived there for a while.

On getting to the compound, I had some nostalgic feelings. I yearned for the days when things were simple, I missed those days sneaking around with Sylvia. Remembering those moments brought a smile to my face. I opened the gate and walked in and then before I could take a full look at the house, someone enveloped me in a hug.

I recognized the person from the strawberry scented perfume, the person had on, it was Sylvia. Wow she looked different, she had gained weight, she looked fairer in complexion than the last time I saw her and her baby bump was already protruding through her gown.

"Welcome my love" she said. I still hadn't recovered my bearing after the bear hug gave me but I managed to mutter a "How are you dear". She dragged my hand, leading me inside while talking and talking, telling me how much she missed me. On getting inside, she told me that she had good news.

She told me that was making plans to elope to America with her children and she would like me to join them. At that moment I was speechless, America the land of fulfilled dreams. That was the best news I've heard in my life.

"Of course, I'll come with you, my love" I responded. She hugged and kissed me while thanking me. I realized that this was the best way to actualize my dream. I needed to thank her but I didn't have money so how was i going to do that. Then it hit me.

I took her by the hand to the room and sat her on the bed. I knew she was pregnant but I was still going to take her there and there but I knew I had to be gentle.

I slowly kissed her neck, while caressing her soft skin. Then I slowly moved up until both our lips touched. I tried to ignore that her mouth smelt like garlic but it was really hard. I remembered a casette about star wars I watched and how Luke Skywalker used the force, I had to do the same now to go through with me plans.

I could already feel my member already losing it's buldge through my pants. So I took off her under garment while trying to be gentle and entered her quickly to avoid flaccidity. After a few thrusts, I was done because my member was just limp and flaccid.

Once we were done, we went into the bathroom and showered together, then went back to lay on the bed with no clothes on. We laid in the bed just cuddling and talking when all of a sudden we heard

"HONEY I'M HOME"

***

CHIDI

I woke up the next morning and remembered what happened, the previous night. Oh no it wasn't a dream, I was really embarrassed by that beautiful lady. I blame myself though, why did I go and try to be a prince Charming.

I knew u couldn't deal with the shame so I decided to go out, atleast to clear my head. I got up from the mat which we slept on and put on the torch light that was by my side. Then I checked the time on my wrist watch that I kept on my table (actually it was as have shared table but I used it the most), it was still 6:30am but I decided to go have my bath anyway.

The bath room or bath house as it was called was outside so I held my torch light and was went outside.

I got to the bath house and faced another dilemma, it was dark and the only source of light was my torch. Now the issue was where I was going to put my torch light so I could bath properly with both hands.

Just as I was thinking of a way to solve my problem, the electricity was restored. I instantly became happy as I took the electricity as a good sign that things were going to go my way that day.

When i was done bathing, quickly I put on the first clothes I could find in my bag abd then used Chinedu's body spray. It was a little bit bright now outside so I could avoid the neighbor, actually one neighbor in particular.

I quickly ran out of the compound and started walking down the road. We lived in an area called Tudun-Wada, this place was full of dust and muddy roads so I had to tread carefully so as not to dirty the white snickers I was wearing.

I walked for about an hour, not knowing where exactly I was going. Then luckily for me, I saw a poster on an electricity pole with "Help needed" written on it. The poster led me to a store, so I went the security guard to ask him about the vacancy. He told me that there was vacancy for the position of a cleaner, the he told me to go inside and ask the person at the counter for more information

Before going in, I decided to dust my sneakers with the cloth inside my pocket so I could look presentable at least. I entered the building and walked straight to the counter and I saw her seating there, so engrossed in her work, it was her the lady from my compound."This is unbelievable, so even after I leaving the house early this morning to avoid her, there she was in my front" I thought to myself.

"Good morning ma" I said to get her attention because she was so engrossed in her work on the computer, she then looked up and replied "Ahah my Prince charming, what are you doing here".  "Wow she called me "my" prince Charming, maybe I might have hope after all" I thought to myself.

"I'm here in respect of the vacancy" I said. She told me to wait so she could call the person who was in charge of hiring people.

After an intensive interview, I was given the job. They asked me when I could commence the job and I told them immediately because I wanted to stay close to the love of my life.

I the store like no one's business, I worked to impress so people will notice me (why an I lying to myself) I wanted her to notice me, no one else really mattered.

The day was over before I knew it, I was packing my things in preparation to go home when she came to call me so we could go home together. While she was waiting for me, she decided to start a conversation. "Hey, Prince Charming you know you never told me your name. I hesitated a bit before answering. "My name is Chidi".

"Well Chidi I still prefer calling you Prince Charming, I'm Amina by the way nice to meet you" she replied

Then we walked home, while we walked we really talked about a lot of things. I found out she was a very friendly person.

I really hoped this was the beginning of something wonderful for me.

Thanks for reading this chapter, hope you enjoyed it

Vote and comments will really be appreciated

See you guys in the next chapter👍